Electrical Designer (Power Distribution)
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Work a hybrid 9/80 work schedule with a huge profit sharing
This Jobot Job is hosted by Holly Leahy
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and
sending us your resume.
Salary $40,000 - $80,000 per year
A Bit About Us
We have been serving industry, utilities, and agencies for 40
years. Initially focusing our services exclusively on pipelines and
terminals for the oil and gas industry, we have expanded to serve
all segments of the oil and gas industry
- gas utilities
- water and wastewater industries
- and other urban infrastructure programs.
We provide planning, project management, engineering and design,
procurement, construction management, and related services for
facilities and infrastructure projects, primarily in the Western
and Southwestern USA.
Why join us?
9/80 work week
15% Profit sharing
In this position, you will apply your knowledge of the principles
of electrical & control systems design to
- Support a project Electrical & Control Systems Design Lead in
developing industrial construction
drawings, including single line diagrams, area classification
diagrams, grounding, lighting,
conduit/cable tray, schematics and wiring diagrams, cable/conduit
schedules, installation details,
PLC panel layout and I/O schematics, loop diagrams and control
- Work in a team environment with electrical engineers and other
disciplines (e.g. project
management, piping, mechanical, civil, structural, etc.) to develop
solutions to clients' multidiscipline project needs.
- Strong proficiency with AutoCAD is required.
- Proficiency with additional 3D Design software, including Civil
3D, Plant 3D and AVEVA E3D is
- Proficiency with MicroStation is preferred.
- Working experience with electrical construction is
- General knowledge of the use of concrete and structural steel
in the design of structures.
- Knowledge of seismic and wind design provisions in the IBC/CBC,
ASCE 7, AISC and ACI codes.
- Ability to visit local project sites for data gathering and
inspections with occasional travel to farther
locations is required.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record is
Experience And Education Requirements
- 2+ years of experience in industrial electrical and/or control
system design is required.
- Energy infrastructure experience is preferred.
- Engineering consulting experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with NEC and API 500 is preferred.
- Formal training in electrical and control system design is
preferred. Trade school or associates
Degree Is Preferred, Or Equivalent Experience.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply"
Keywords: Jobot, Fountain Valley , Electrical Designer (Power Distribution), Professions , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!