Senior Electrical Designer (Power DIstribution)
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: June 16, 2022
Work a hybrid 9/80 work schedule with a huge profit sharing
bonus!!This Jobot Job is hosted by: Holly LeahyAre you a fit? Easy
Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your
resume.Salary: $65,000 - $125,000 per hourA bit about us:We have
been serving industry, utilities, and agencies for 40 years.
Initially focusing our services exclusively on pipelines and
terminals for the oil and gas industry, we have expanded to serve
all segments of the oil and gas industry:
- gas utilities
- water and wastewater industries
- and other urban infrastructure programs. We provide planning,
project management, engineering and design, procurement,
construction management, and related services for facilities and
infrastructure projects, primarily in the Western and Southwestern
USA.Why join us?Hybrid location9/80 work week15% Profit sharing
DentalVisionHealth401KPTOHolidaysJob DetailsIn this position, you
will apply your knowledge of the principles of electrical & control
systems design to:
- Support a project Electrical & Control Systems Design Lead in
developing industrial constructiondrawings, including single line
diagrams, area classification diagrams, grounding,
lighting,conduit/cable tray, schematics and wiring diagrams,
cable/conduit schedules, installation details,PLC panel layout and
I/O schematics, loop diagrams and control system architecture.
- Work in a team environment with electrical engineers and other
disciplines (e.g. projectmanagement, piping, mechanical, civil,
structural, etc.) to develop solutions to clients' multidiscipline
project needs.Skill Requirements
- Strong proficiency with AutoCAD is required.
- Proficiency with additional 3D Design software, including Civil
3D, Plant 3D and AVEVA E3D isstrongly preferred.
- Proficiency with MicroStation is preferred.
- Working experience with electrical construction is
- General knowledge of the use of concrete and structural steel
in the design of structures.
- Knowledge of seismic and wind design provisions in the IBC/CBC,
ASCE 7, AISC and ACI codes.
- Ability to visit local project sites for data gathering and
inspections with occasional travel to fartherlocations is required.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record is
required.Experience and Education Requirements
- 10+ years designing projects involving medium and low voltage
power systems, grounding, lighting, instrumentation and control
- Energy infrastructure experience is preferred.
- Engineering consulting experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge with instrumentation, programmable logic
controllers (PLC) and distributed control systems (DCS) is
- Candidates must be knowledgeable in electrical design, NEC and
- Formal training in electrical and control system design is
preferred. Trade school or associates degree is preferred, or
equivalent experienceInterested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by
clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Fountain Valley , Senior Electrical Designer (Power DIstribution), Professions , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!