Company: Priority Dispatch Corp.
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Job Location: Corporate Headquarters - Fountain Valley, CA
Salary Range: Undisclosed
DescriptionSUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Buyer/Planner, or Supply Planner, is responsible for assisting
in the development, implementation and support of inventory
management goals through procuring, allocating, and turning the
inventory needed to assist United Sports Brands in achieving its
business goals and supply chain initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute and manage factory purchase orders. Utilize demand plan
and make optimal buy / no-buy decisions by balancing: out of stock
risk, company inventory holding guidelines, factory order minimums,
price break tiers, and factory efficiency. Reprioritize orders as
needed and update inbound arrival dates.
- Facilitate monthly meetings with key factory partners. Provide
rolling 12-24 month purchasing forecast. Review factory production
plans, work-in-progress reports, and capacity plans. Proactively
work with factories to make adjustments as needed in order to
ensure optimal inventory holding and in-stock levels.
- Collaborate with Demand Planners on the development of monthly
Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) meeting packages. Prepare
relevant inventory related talking points.
- Provide clear, comprehensive, but concise factory direction.
Address issues with urgency. Follow through until resolution is
- Coordinate with warehouses to forecast inbound volume and flag
hot inbound shipments.
- Monitor key inventory KPIs such as inventory turn, in-stock
percentage, inventory holding, dead stock, etc. Perform root cause
analysis to evaluate out of stocks and ensure continuous
- Own the inventory lifecycle management process. Establish
initial orders for new and seasonal products. Plan replenishment to
optimize inventory turn, maximize margin, and minimize out of
stocks. Work cross-functionally to manage sell-down of
discontinued, obsolete, and slow-moving product.
- Expert level management of skus. Become keenly aware of what is
going on with your items.
- Support other departments and perform additional ad hoc
analysis as needed.
- This is a full-time position
- Typical work hours and days are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to
5:00 p.m. Occasional "after hours" virtual meetings with
international factories as required - typically 6pm or
- No travel is expected for this position currently. Visits to
domestic and/or international factories may be possible in the
- This position is based in Fountain Valley, CA
- The Company is committed to fair, equitable, and transparent
compensation. Final compensation will be determined by various
factors such as your relevant work experience, education,
certifications, skills, and geographic location.
- The salary range for this role in Fountain Valley, CA is
$60,000 - $90,000
- In addition, you may be eligible for additional compensation,
such as a bonus. Employees may also be eligible for a wide range of
other benefits, including health & wellness benefits, retirement,
time off, employee discounts, and others.
- This position does not currently have any direct reports.
- 5+ years of Supply Planning and Inventory Management experience
with apparel, footwear or similar fashion product with seasonal
- Prior experience working cross-functionally with both internal
and external stakeholders (e.g. Sales, Finance, Operations, DCs and
- Proficiency with Inventory Management and ERP system software.
Experience with Anaplan software is a plus.
- Previous experience planning relatively large sku counts
(2,000+) across multiple factories.
- Bachelor's degree in business, operations, supply chain, or
related field preferred.
- Superior analytical skills. Displays the patience and curiosity
to review all relevant information. Has the ability to analyze
large volumes of data and identify patterns and trends.
- A self-starter. Motivated to take action without requiring
additional prompting from supervisor. Takes pride in the quality of
- Strong planning and organizational skills. Performs repeatable
processes with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Nimble. Able to plan in a fast-paced environment with high
growth, and periods of high ambiguity.
- Demonstrated cross-functional collaboration.
- Structured thinking and logical communication. Capable of
presenting information to all levels of management with supporting
analysis and assumptions.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with ERP and planning
systems. Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills required.
Minimal: Candidate must be able to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job with ability to: sit/; use hands to
finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and
hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb
or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, and ability to adjust focus. To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The requirements listed are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required.
Keywords: Priority Dispatch Corp., Fountain Valley , Buyer/Planner, Other , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!