RN Cath IR PD Days
Company: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of
quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our
efforts to meeting and serving the medical needs of our growing
community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer
residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy
Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of
only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only
hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III
Neonatal ICU. Were proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses,
and staff who strive to provide you with the best care
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching
401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous
tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select
RN Cath Lab Per Diem Days Position Summary:
The IR Nurse is responsible to ensure the patient safety during the
IR Procedures. The IR Nurse is responsible for maintaining
communication with the physician and charge and /or manager to keep
the flow throughout the day. The IR Nurse is responsible for
staying abreast of the changes to department and industry standard.
The IR Nurse is responsible for filtering this information to the
IR Team. On call required with 30 minute response time
- Responsible for providing and managing professional nursing
care in accordance to physicians procedural protocols and treatment
plan. Utilize appropriate judgment in making decisions to
anticipate patients needs and solve problems.
- Functions as a resource to visitors, physicians and staff;
greeting them promptly and courteously.
- Obtains and records initial assessment and establishes
priorities according to patient age, symptoms and psychosocial
- Obtains necessary equipment and supplies for
- Operates hemodynamic monitoring devices effectively to ensure
accurate documentation of procedures.
- Re-assesses patients systematically to identify progress and
trends that require intervention.
- Responsible for effectively communicating with physicians
regarding patient status.
- Will successfully complete all documentation, assist physician,
transport patient to cath lab holding room within at end of
- Develops and implements a measurable individualized plan of
care for the patient within the timeframe established by Nursing
Standards of Care.
- Makes comprehensive nursing decisions based on the
interpretation of facts and evaluations of patient outcomes;
modifies the plan of care based upon the evaluations.
- Participates in patient/family health education and discharge
- Implements and documents timely interventions appropriate to
- Evaluates the plan of care.
- Ensures excellent aseptic/sterile technique in the IR
- Performs various Point of Care testing procedures.
- Assists with various diagnostic & interventional procedures
under the direct supervision of the Interventionalist.
- Utilizes effective communication strategies, which result in
- Delegates unit work assignments appropriately to ensure
completion of required patient care support activities.
- Responsible for medication administration, security of
medication, and reconciliation of medications. Verifies orders for
medication with physician and administers under direction of
physician per policy and procedure.
- Performs accurate documentation regarding patient status,
medications, patient assessment, procedural events, and procedural
- Administers medications safely and accurately and re-evaluates
- Assists physician during procedures and demonstrates knowledge
of supplies and equipment used in procedural areas.
- Coordinates team assignments and makes adjustments based upon
patient and unit needs; follows up on delegated patient care tasks
for quality and completeness.
- Responsible for regulatory and compliance standards in IR
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Responsible for efficient time and resource management in
accomplishing acceptable work volumes (i.e. Supply costs, time
- Responsible for post procedural care and monitoring.
- Utilizes the appropriate chain of command for resolution of
- Completes room turn around according to policy.
- Participates in orientation of new staff/students on the
- Promotes a positive work environment as evidenced by
demonstrating a professional, supportive attitude for the unit
- Is receptive and responsive to new ideas.
- Participates in the unit's growth and development through
various mechanisms to improve organizational performance and policy
- Collaborates by working with others to achieve unit and
- Follows Attendance Policy.
The RN must be willing and able to rotate through the following
- The IR RN II moves about the lab during the procedure providing
equipment to the scrub tech and physician as needed. Attends to the
needs of the patient as well as ensuring proper use of patient
monitoring equipment. Assists in adhering to aseptic sterile
- Monitors vital signs during the procedure. Documents the
procedure and creates a medical record. Records
intra-cardiac/arterial pressures and waveforms. Is responsible for
RN Cath Lab Per Diem Days candidate will possess the following
education, licenses/certifications, and experience:
Current CA Nursing License; Current American Heart Association BLS
Education and Experience
The qualified candidate must be a graduate of an accredited
Registered Nurse program, possess a current CA RN license and have
a least with 3 years healthcare experience with at least 1 years
working in the ICU or ER. Basic and Advanced Cardiac Life Support
certification, extensive knowledge of the care of the
cardiovascular patient, cardiovascular medications, experience with
Invasive Cardiovascular procedures and peripheral vascular studies.
Possess the required knowledge to assist in performance of
cardiovascular diagnostic and therapeutic examinations. Extensive
telemetry experience may be considered. Current knowledge and
skills appropriate to age/type of patient population served.
- Hospital Mandatory Education Requirements: Orientation,
Environment of Care, OSHA, Infection control, Abuse/Neglect,
- Tuberculosis Screening
- Fit Mask Testing
- Licensure Renewal: ACLS, PALS, NRP, BLS, CPI
- End of Life Education
- Physician On-Call Roster Education
- Moderate Sedation Education/Competency
- Waived Testing Education/Competency
- Clinical Practice Guidelines/Clinical Protocols Education
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
Pay Range: $40.33 - $61.25
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors
including, but not limited to, an employee's qualifications and
experience.2205023157Employment practices will not be influenced or
affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
Keywords: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital, Fountain Valley , RN Cath IR PD Days, Other , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!