RN Cath IR Full Time Days
Company: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Up to $30,000 Sign On Bonus available based on experience
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of
quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our
efforts to meeting and serving the medical needs of our growing
community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer
residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy
Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of
only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only
hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III
Neonatal ICU. Were proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses,
and staff who strive to provide you with the best care
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching
401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous
tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select
RN Cardiac Cath Lab Full Time Nights Position Summary:
The Cath lab Nurse is responsible to ensure the patient safety
during the Cardiac Cath \lab procedures. The Cath Lab Nurse is
responsible for maintaining communication with the physician and
charge/or manager to keep the flow throughout the day. The Cath Lab
Nurse is responsible for staying abreast of the changes to
department and industry standard. The Cath \lab Nurse is
responsible for filtering this information to the Cath Lab Team. On
call required with 30 minutes response time
- Responsible for providing and managing professional nursing
care in accordance to physician's procedural protocols and
treatment plan. Utilize appropriate judgment in making decisions to
anticipate patient's needs and solve problems.
- Functions as a resource to visitors, physicians and staff;
greeting them promptly and courteously.
- Obtains and records initial assessment and establishes
priorities according to patient age, symptoms and psychosocial
- Obtains necessary equipment and supplies for
- Operates hemodynamic monitoring devices effectively to ensure
accurate documentation of procedures.
- Re-assesses patients systematically to identify progress and
trends that require intervention.
- Responsible for effectively communicating with physicians
regarding patient status.
- Will successfully complete all documentation, assist physician,
transport patient to Cath lab holding room within at end of
- Develops and implements a measurable individualized plan of
care for the patient within the timeframe established by Nursing
Standards of Care.
- Makes comprehensive nursing decisions based on the
interpretation of facts and evaluations of patient outcomes;
modifies the plan of care based upon the evaluations.
- Participates in patient/family health education and discharge
- Implements and documents timely interventions appropriate to
- Evaluates the plan of care.
- Ensures excellent aseptic/sterile technique in procedure
- Performs various Point of Care testing procedures.
- Assists with various cardiovascular diagnostic & interventional
procedures under the direct supervision of the Cardiologist /
- Utilizes effective communication strategies, which result in
- Delegates unit work assignments appropriately to ensure
completion of required patient care support activities.
- Responsible for medication administration, security of
medication, and reconciliation of medications.
- Verifies orders for medication with physician and administers
under direction of physician per policy and procedure.
- Performs accurate documentation regarding patient status,
medications, patient assessment, procedural events, and procedural
- Assists physician during procedures and demonstrates knowledge
of supplies and equipment used in procedural areas.
- Coordinates team assignments and makes adjustments based upon
patient and unit needs; follows up on delegated patient care tasks
for quality and completeness.
- Responsible for regulatory and compliance standards in
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Responsible for efficient time and resource management in
accomplishing acceptable work volumes (i.e. Supply costs, time
- Responsible for post procedural care and monitoring.
- Utilizes the appropriate chain of command for resolution of
- Completes room turn around according to policy.
- Participates in orientation of new staff/students on the
- Promotes a positive work environment as evidenced by
demonstrating a professional, supportive attitude for the unit
- Is receptive and responsive to new ideas.
- Participates in the unit's growth and development through
various mechanisms to improve organizational performance and policy
- Collaborates by working with others to achieve unit and
- Ability to perform in all nursing capacities within the
- Attendance Policy.
- Complete Clin 2 policy
The RN must be willing and able to rotate through the following
- Monitors vital signs pre and post procedure. Documents and
creates a medical record. Records intra-cardiac/arterial pressures
and waveforms. Is responsible for interdepartmental
- Cath Lab Holding Room RN
Please refer to Cath Lab Holding Room Job Description for
- PICC Lines
Demonstrates successful PICC line insertion according to written
policy and procedures.
RN Cardiac Cath Lab candidate will possess the following education,
licenses/certifications, and experience:
Current CA Nursing License; Current ACLS Current BLS; Advanced
Hemodynamic Monitoring,; 12 Lead EKG interpretations required;
Orientation, Annual Update, Ethics Training; .Edu assignments;
Completion of all teaching assignments provided for professional
Education and Experience
The qualified candidate must be a graduate of an accredited
Registered Nurse program, possess a current CA RN license and have
a least with 3 years healthcare experience with at least 1 years
working in the Cath Lab, ICU and/or ER. Basic and Advanced Cardiac
Life Support certification, extensive knowledge of the care of the
cardiovascular patient, cardiovascular medications, experience with
Invasive Cardiovascular procedures and peripheral vascular studies.
Possess the required knowledge to assist in performance of
cardiovascular diagnostic and therapeutic examinations. Current
knowledge and skills appropriate to age/type of patient population
4 years in acute care setting with two of those years working in a
Knowledge and Abilities
Has full command (verbal and written) of the English language. Must
be able to fulfill the essential functions of the position
- ACLS, BLS
Pay Range: $40.33 - $61.25
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors
including, but not limited to, an employee's qualifications and
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
2205023537Employment practices will not be influenced or affected
by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
Keywords: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital, Fountain Valley , RN Cath IR Full Time Days, Other , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!