Medical Office Administrator
Company: Hanger, Inc.
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: June 22, 2022
With a mantra of Empowering Human Potential, Hanger, Inc. is the
world's premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic (O&P)
services and products, offering the most advanced O&P
solutions, clinically differentiated programs and unsurpassed
customer service. Hanger's Patient Care segment is the largest
owner and operator of O&P patient care clinics nationwide.
Through its Products & Services segment, Hanger distributes branded
and private label O&P devices, products and components, and
provides rehabilitative solutions to the broader market. With 160
years of clinical excellence and innovation, Hanger's vision is to
lead the orthotic and prosthetic markets by providing superior
patient care, outcomes, services and value. Collectively, Hanger
employees touch thousands of lives each day, helping people achieve
new levels of mobility and freedom.
Could This Be For You?
Office Administrator will provide a high level customer service to
patients, fellow employees and referral sources through the
coordination and administration of the "front office" activities.
Typical responsibilities include various aspects of the clinic
administrative operations (i.e. phone management, registration,
appointment scheduling, pre-verification of benefits, insurance
authorization, billing, processing payments, collections, billing
research and responding to inquiries), while maintaining compliance
with HIPAA requirements. Ensure billing for services provided is
accurate, timely and fully documented. Provide efficient cash
collection through excellent reimbursement practices while ensuring
compliance with relevant laws, regulations and established Hanger
policies and compliance programs.
Depending on the operational requirements and size of the Hanger
Clinic, this position may include some or all of the functions or
roles listed below.
Patient Check In:
* Responsible for all aspects of patient appointment scheduling
(including ensuring proper coverage of patient appointments and
out-of-office calls), telephone management, complete and accurate
patient registration, pre-appointment insurance verification,
creation of new patient charts and maintenance of patient records
in accordance to Hanger compliance policies, scanning and filing
patient documents, ensuring complete and accurate information for
clean claims and managing incoming phone calls.
* Review clinician documentation to ensure that patient charts are
Patient Check Out:
* Provides administrative support for all aspects of closing a
patient visit including obtaining insurance authorization,
providing financial counseling for patients, posting over the
counter (OTC) payments, timely completion of all assigned tasks,
mail forwarding tasks and daily document research on an electronic
health/medical record system, coordinating with clinical staff in
managing in progress services, scheduling return appointments,
reviewing and managing incoming documents and tasking to
appropriate parties to outstanding requests for information.
* Reviews charge information to ensure accuracy per payer
requirements; makes corrections as needed.
* Manages services in progress and updates to accounts receivable
(AR) once items are delivered, maintaining AR levels as directed
per Hanger goals.
* Responsible for reviewing claim edits and resolving them, working
claim rejections and denials, performing voids and corrections as
* Responsible for submitting clean and accurate claims; accurate
completion of patient chart required elements.
* Generating reports to ensure that claims are processed within
timely filing limits. Will also run claim edit metrics to determine
the type of edit issues that are recurring to aid in future
* Process billing daily, ensuring that claims are accurate, timely
and fully documented in accordance with Hanger policies and
* Follow up on open accounts, maintaining thorough chronological
financial records on each patient account.
* Coordinate communications with payers, enhance reimbursement
opportunities, achieve cash collections targets and reduce or
maintain A/R as directed per Hanger goals.
* Compile and code A/P invoices, apply payments and adjustments to
patient accounts, process deposits and maintain accurate records of
cash received and report timely key statistics to market and
corporate management for sales, revenue, cash and patient flow in
accordance with Hanger policies and procedures.
* Comply with the system of internal controls to ensure proper
handling of cash receipts, including billing system data entry and
* Manages the accounts receivable and collections process in
accordance with Hanger policies and procedures.
* Assumes responsibility for maintaining company mandated
* Prepares outstanding accounts reports and gathers credit and/or
* Manages both the internal bad debt process and the external
collection agency's process for Private Pay accounts.
* Maintains database by entering, updating, and retrieving data, as
well as formatting and generating reports.
* Resolves outstanding invoice problems from past due accounts.
Responds to inquiries from customers or external collection
* May place calls or send messages to those with unresolved
* Assist with inventory as directed by Management and/or Inventory
Coordinator by reconciling items currently in use by clinicians to
items in the inventory system, counting inventory and data entry of
* Conduct patient follow-up and assist with Patient Evaluation
Clinic programs as directed.
* Assist with quality assurance to ensure patient satisfaction with
Clinic services as necessary.
* Report Clinic employee hours to Payroll Department.
* Receive, sort and distribute mail appropriately and in a timely
* Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
* Requires a minimum of 2 years of administration, customer service
or related experience
* A valid driver's license and driving record within the standards
outlined within Hanger's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy and
* High school diploma or GED required.
Additional Success Factors
Knowledge and Skill:
* Strong interpersonal, oral (including telephone) and written
communication skills, including the ability to follow written and
verbal directions. While performing this client facing position,
working with a diverse population in multicultural settings, there
will large amounts of communication (oral and written) including
but not limited to clinicians, patients, physicians, physician's
office representatives, other staff members (field associates,
managers, directors) and/or business representatives.
* Ability to work with physically challenged individuals.
* Resourceful and flexible team player who excels at building
trusting relationships with patients, referral sources and
* Working knowledge of state, federal, regional collection and
reimbursement laws, HIPAA and other medical insurance regulations
and terminology for private payer, state and federal plans
including coding, billing and reimbursement protocols.
* Proficient computer skills including Windows based office
technologies (ex. Word, Excel, PowerPoint), e-mail and automated
* Ability to use all necessary office equipment, facsimile
machines, calculator, postage machine, copiers, etc.
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage
multiple tasks (ex. multitasking) with a high degree of detail
orientation while working in a fast paced environment.
* Proficiency with basic math and accounting skills.
* Ability to key 40 words per minute with accuracy preferred.
* Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but
recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted
Our Investment in You
Employees working at least 20 hours per week are eligible for the
* Competitive Pay
* Health Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* 8 Paid Holidays per Year
* Paid Vacation Time Off
* Paid Sick Time Off
* 8 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
* Floating Holiday
* Life Insurance
* Medical Flex Spend Account
* Dependent Care Flex Spend Account
* Free employee assistance program
* Full-time employees are also eligible for short-term and
long-term disability insurance
Keywords: Hanger, Inc., Fountain Valley , Medical Office Administrator, Other , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!