RN Wound Care Full Time Days
Company: Tenet Healthcare Corporation
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: June 6, 2021
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of
quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our
efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing
community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer
residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy
Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of
only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only
hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III
Neonatal ICU. We're proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses
and staff who strive to provide you with the best care
- Demonstrates proficiency and knowledge of current ostomy, skin,
wound and incontinence management.
- Provide consultation and direction on pre-op and post-op
teaching in an individualized and convenient manner to patients
undergoing ostomy surgery and appropriate family members.
- Serves as a consultant for the treatment of patients with
altered skin integrity.
- Uses critical thinking skills and sound judgment based on
evidence based practices when making the decision for appropriate
wound care treatment
- Takes responsibility for personal professional development by
keeping up with current research in wound care management and
shares the findings with the medical staff and administrative
- Conducts in-services and updates on wound and ostomy care, as
requested to the Nursing and Ancillary departments.
- Reviews all policies and procedures that pertain to Wound care
and maintain the Wound Care Manual. Participates in the
formulation, revision and review of all hospital policies and
procedures pertaining to wound care
- Attends lectures, seminars which deal with wound care and
informs the hospital of the latest developments in wound
- Works effectively with coordinators, staff and other
departments. Acts as a role model for the staff.
- Delegate's portions of therapy appropriately to appropriate
support staff for overall department efficiency.
- Ensures staff makes recommendations for next level of
- Ensures staff includes patient/family goals consistently for
- Recognizes changes in a patient condition and communicates
effectively with the team and physician to adjust the treatment
- Provides assistance and direction to Directors for development
of new wound care programs, implementation and evaluation. Acts as
consultant in areas of expertise.
- Confers with others to identify learning needs and suggests or
selects most appropriate learning solutions for addressing those
- Manages logistic activities before during and after the
- Maintains department equipment and materials in a condition to
- Works with Director to recommend space, equipment, supplies and
other resources needed for the provision of services.
- Actively participates in hospital committees, task forces,
projects and represents hospital through active participation in
- Organizes, directs staff and department in a manner that is
commensurate with the scope of services offered.
- Demonstrates the ability to independently manage department
projects and completes on a timely basis. Demonstrates knowledge of
the change process through project implementation.
- Provides consulting services and direction to the patients,
family members, health care providers and physicians regarding
wound care management.
- Provides consultation and direction to patients, family
members, health care providers and physicians for the management of
- Ensures that department is in compliance with JCAHO
- In all aspects of consultation:
- Initiate care to meet patient's needs.
- Coordinate plan of care with physician/consultant.
- Assess patient response to treatment.
- Evaluate care provided by health care providers.
- Documentation of teaching instructions and patient's
- Serves as resource person for patient rounds, patient care
conferences, clinical issues and assisting staff as needed.
- Establish standards of care, policy and procedure related to
ostomy, skin, wound and incontinence management.
- Ensures that all relevant policies and procedures are current
and research based
- Approves and coordinates use of specialty beds.
- Collaborates with medical director and other disciplines in the
coordination, planning and evaluation of the Wound Care
- Reports to Administration monthly on the status of the program
and the patient outcomes using compiled monthly and annual
- Coordinates multidisciplinary rounds on a weekly basis and
supervises documentation of
assessments, treatments plans and patient progress.
- Communicates individual and unit issues with the appropriate
Unit Coordinator or Director and offers possible solutions and
- Maintains a professional, open relationship with administrative
staff and utilizes them in coordination, planning and implementing
- Serves as a chair or member of departmental committees as
- Coordinates and provides clinical education of wound, ostomy,
continence and skin integrity to health care providers and
- Responsible for staff development and orientation to wound care
guidelines as established in the Wound Care Program.
- Participates in nursing orientation and assists Unit
Coordinators in the assessment of new orientees' learning needs and
- Provides continuing education programs for licensed
- Collaborates with the Medical Staff office and CME committee in
providing multidisciplinary conferences and classes.
- Maintains BLS Instructor certification and assists with BLS
recognition and recognition as needed.
- Maintains awareness of objectives and limitation of students
affiliated with FVRHMC. Provides support as needed to hospital and
school staff in communication of such.
- Establishes and updates educational resource materials on the
units for the health care providers.
- Keep current with new products or technologies in WOC nursing.
Inservice health care providers and physicians as products or
technologies are introduced into the hospital, TCU or out patient
- Develop and communicate teaching guidelines for patient
education needs to assure continuity and consistency in patient
- Coordinate annual review of specialty patient education
programs including associated brochures, support staff, and
patient/ physician/ staff evaluation of services. Incorporate
findings of this review into program improvements.
- Assist in identification, coordination and development of
community education programs in conjunction with marketing
- Relief coverage will be provided by RN's oriented to this
position or contracted nursing service with appropriate ET or WOC
- Attend seminars or courses annually to maintain current with
WOC nursing and related technologies.
- Maintain membership and participate in organizations related to
- Plan & Establishes system (S) for learning events to ensure
that they meet the established goals and objectives
- Uses available educational recourses (Subject Matter Experts,
Regional Education Managers, approved standardized education,
developed tools and templates) to develop and deliver education
A. Minimum Education: Knowledge and education necessary to
obtain R.N. license in the state of California.
B. Current American Heart Association BLS certification.
C. Knowledge and education necessary to obtain a nationally
recognized Wound Care Certification within 2 years of hire.
D. Knowledge of/or experience with negative pressure wound
therapy, HBO, and ostomy care preferred.
E. Current American Heart Association BLS certification.
Minimum Experience: Two or more years of wound care or
hyperbaric experience preferred. Prior leadership and/or teaching
Spanish or Vietnamese as a second language desirable
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to
combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider
applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above
Keywords: Tenet Healthcare Corporation, Fountain Valley , RN Wound Care Full Time Days, Other , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!