The Registered Nurse Case Manager collaborates with other
professional disciplines/unit leaders to ensure safe and effective
patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient
outcomes. S/he is responsible for facilitation of appropriate
length of stay and continuum of care outcomes, through the case
management of all systems and services required for an organized,
multidisciplinary team approach to care.
The Case Manager coordinates patient's care from pre-admission,
hospitalization, to post-discharge follow-up in collaboration with
the healthcare team, to best meet the patients' physical,
emotional, and spiritual needs. The RN Case Manager uses a
problem-solving process that includes assessment, problem
identification, goal definition, plan development, evaluation,
reassessment, and plan revision, and documentation in the patient
record to achieve optimum patient outcomes on both an individual
and population basis.
* 3 to 5 years Acute Care experience in clinical areas and
specialty areas with knowledge of utilization review, discharge
planning activites, government and managed care regulations,
quality improvement and risk management preferred.
* Computer, Internet, Order entry, and word processing
* Current CA RN license required.
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or higher preferred.
* Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support
* Case Management certification preferred.
* Specialty certification preferred.