Surgical Tech OR Full Time Days
Company: Tenet Healthcare Corporation
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of
quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our
efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing
community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer
residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy
Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of
only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only
hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III
Neonatal ICU. We're proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses
and staff who strive to provide you with the best care
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching
401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous
tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select
The Surgical Technician demonstrates basic knowledge and skills
in the scrub role, necessary to provide assistance during Labor and
- Administers care for the perioperative patient according to
- Transports patients to and from surgery according to hospital
- Sets up carts for surgical cases utilizing the surgeon's
- Obtains proper equipment for surgical cases
- Assists in emergency procedures by obtaining and providing
proper equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrates ability to scrub on all surgical procedure
- Assures a fast room turnover by remaining in room and
efficiently sets up for next case.
- Assists throughout the department by helping wherever
- Check supplies for outdates.
- Cleans cupboards and OR rooms.
- Responds appropriately when on call (arrives within 30
- Accepts assignments as requested by Supervisor/Charge
- Seeks growth in knowledge and skills within the OR
- Reports and follows through on malfunctioning equipment.
- Communicates pertinent information regarding patients,
physicians, equipment, supplies and situations.
- Assists in training new/existing staff.
- Assures all surgical needles, instruments, sponges are
accounted for during and after completion of surgical
- Cares for equipment to prevent breakage, loss or inappropriate
- Is a resource for the instrument room personnel in the
appropriate care and set-up of instruments.
- Maintains cost effectiveness by using only those supplies
- Assumes responsibility for a service, including care of
equipment, by being a resource to others as assuring that necessary
supplies and procedures are in place for that service.
- Assists in presenting an in-service for the service of
responsibility during the year.
A. Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Required: Gradudate of Surgical Technician Program Current &
American Heart Association BLS certification.
Preferred: Surgical Technology Certification
B. Minimum Experience: Six months acute care experience as an OR
tech and qualified by training and/or experience to scrub
complicated procedures preferred.
Preferred: 1 year experience as surgical technician.
OR Tech Training program required.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to
combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider
applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above
Keywords: Tenet Healthcare Corporation, Fountain Valley , Surgical Tech OR Full Time Days, Other , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!