Relationship Specialist 2
Company: Nuvision Credit Union
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: April 2, 2021
The Relationship Specialist II (RS II) is a universal role that
encompasses various duties and responsibilities of a concierge, RS
I, ITM Rep and Relationship Manager I in order to serve our members
as needed in-person or over the phone to sustain and support branch
operations. Under general supervision, they will guide members to
the proper destination for the appropriate resolution or assist
them directly. The RS II performs a wide variety of job duties
including, opening new accounts/subshares, receiving and disbursing
cash, plastic card services, originating and processing loan
applications, and referring Mortgage, Investments, and Autoland.
The RS II also performs wide variety of account maintenance and
transactions. Meeting and exceeding performance goals and revenue
targets will be part of the RS II Minimum Performance Standards.
The RS II ensures member transactions are processed in an accurate
and timely manner to achieve the Credit Union's member service
objectives. The RS II is also responsible for providing operational
support and exceptional member service while maintaining controls
and safeguards. This role's primary focus is the member experience
and is expected to represent Nuvision Federal Credit Union in a
positive and professional manner at all times, showing mutual
respect while working with and collaborating with others to build
strong relationships internally within the organization and
externally with our members. They must maintain confidentiality
with member information, pay attention to detail, demonstrate sound
judgment, and act with tact and diplomacy.
- Consults with members. Identifies needs, offers solutions, and
follows up on any pending transactions. Holds conversations that
matter with members either in person or over the phone. Calls on
various call reports to garnish more business throughout the
workday and during scheduled call nights throughout the month.
- Performs various job duties including but not limited to:
Escorting member's to appropriate destinations for the appropriate
resolution, receiving and disbursing funds, opening new
accounts/subshares, and originating loans. As needed, inputs,
processes and funds consumer loan types such as Closed-end
Signature and VISA.
- Performs a wide variety of account maintenance including
issuing/re-pinning ATM/Debit Cards, changes of address, name
changes, adding/updating account set up, adding/updating joint
owners, adding/updating beneficiaries, closing accounts, processing
deceased accounts, notary services and issuing Cashier's
- Recommends and refers appropriate products and services
including Mortgage, Investment Services, and Autoland from having
conversations that matter with members.
- Ensures the branch is in balance including the TCR.
- Identifies and reports any suspicious behavior or suspected
- Completes all required training and compliance modules.
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities
and Credit Union events such as: Car Sales, Open House and Open
Enrollments contributing to the achievement of organizational
objectives as well as department and individual goals.
- Represents the Credit Union in a positive and professional
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains member and other sensitive information with
- Treats all team members and members with respect.
- 1 year experience in a similar position and prior loan
experience and reaching service and performance goals.
- Knowledge of all applicable Federal, State and NCUA
regulations, including but not limited to BSA, Regulation CC,
Regulation D and Regulation E.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all deposit account products and all
- Working knowledge of loan products and associated system(s)
(Loans PQ - loans decisioning system).
- Proven ability to garner business.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal
- Good verbal communication (in-person and over the phone),
written communication, problem solving, member service, and
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively
listen, understand, and anticipate member needs.
- Willingness to make a difference.
- Genuine interest in helping members through Conversations that
Matter and have an empathetic and caring nature.
- Personable and professional.
- Capable of working under pressure and with frequent
- Proficient in the operations of a PC and Microsoft applications
including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Successful completion of all compliance related
- NMLS Registered
- High school diploma or GED
Keywords: Nuvision Credit Union, Fountain Valley , Relationship Specialist 2, Other , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!