10471 - Application/Solution Architect
Company: Hyundai AutoEver America
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Summary:This position is responsible for creating Connected Car
& Mobility platform architecture, application architecture,
interface and service design, and overall detailed design of the
core Connected Car system of Hyundai/Genesis. Designing the new
system with cutting edge technologies and highly available/scalable
infrastructure. Designing and development for Connected Car &
Mobility Applications partnering with the product owner, scrum
master, technical analysts, 3rd party app developers in guiding the
scrum team in all aspects of Connected Car Application delivery,
from requirements through deployment and operation. Identifying the
existing system performance bottlenecks, improvement areas and
proposing solutions.Role and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the design and development of the Connected Car System
to meet performance, scalability, extensibility and maintainability
- Work closely with technical stakeholders to translate
requirements into high quality, timely deliverables. Contribute as
a strong hands-on technical member in project development and
- Establish and lead an Architecture Review Process that ensures
essential artifacts are created and reviewed with
- Integrate the requirement, software and hardware information
together to meet the purposes of the business.
- Bridges the gap between business problems and technology
- Identify the right technology-stack, platforms and frameworks
to solve the existing problems or new requirements.
- Forecasting the system availability/capacity requirements based
on the current business trends and available metrics.
- Take the lead, acquire full responsibilities of new
initiatives, and meet the requirements of the deliverables.
- Understand the security requirement and managing all the
security related artifacts and documentations.
- Forecast and propose the capacity requirements in advance.
- Jump into incidents or problems and provide the
guidance/solutions and keep the stakeholders update with respect to
- Risk analysis (load/storage/bandwidth/cost) with respect to new
implementation and change requirements.
- Deriving development strategies for new/upgrade projects.
- Data retention strategy and proposal preparation.
- Responsible for assessing and providing mitigation of risk
items related to interoperability in software framework and
- Propose technical architecture for new initiatives involving
Internet of Things (IoT), data analytics, and cloud.
- Work with DevOps and system administrators to create CI/CD
capabilities and pipelines.
- Research new technologies that enhance current Connected Car
System and delivery of new projects. Required Skills, Attributes
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science or
- 8 + years of overall experience in development, design and
architecture with Java, J2EE and .NET and database
- 5+ years of experience in Java and J2EE technologies, including
2+ years of strong experience in Java 8+ and Spring 5, and 2+ years
of Reactive & Angular programming exposure
- 3+ years of experience in Wireless or Telematics or Connected
- 3+ years of experience building distributed / service oriented
/ micro-service style and cloud based application
- 3+ years of experience in Agile methodology.
- Experience in designing and overseeing the design of highly
available systems that are capable of supporting millions of
transactions per day.
- Perform Architecture Feasibility Study and create essential
architectural artifacts (UML diagrams, infrastructure layouts,
- Good amount of knowledge and experience in Weblogic, Tomcat and
Various Development tools, like Eclipse, SQL developer, Angular,
Android, Node tools.
- Knowledge of application monitoring systems like App Dynamics,
Dyna trace, Solar wind
- IoT basic understanding and configuration skills.
- Good knowledge of Network/load balance layer and
- High-level analytical ability where problems are unusual and
- Able to capture and communicate the "big picture" to management
and stakeholders and the ability to drill down into technical
specifics during project delivery.
- Able to influence technical teams and arrive at consensus for
- Exhibit appropriate interpersonal styles and communication
methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual
- Experience in migrating and upgrading solutions across
platforms and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and determine root cause
of software and system failures.
- Experience in data architecture and modeling of analytical
systems using Apache Hadoop and MongoDB, No-SQL technologies,
highly desirable.Nice to have
- Experience in cloud technologies and platforms (AWS, Azure,
Google Cloud, etc.), preferred
- Experience in container and resource management technologies
(Kubernetes, Docker, Apache Mesos), a plus
- Java EE Enterprise Architect / Certified SOA Architect / AWS
certified Solution Architect, preferredCertifications Preferred:
AWS Certification, CISSP, PMP - provided by Dice
Keywords: Hyundai AutoEver America, Fountain Valley , 10471 - Application/Solution Architect, Other , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!