Remote Lead SDET - .NET - Software Development Engineer in Test
Company: First American Financial Corporation
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American
(NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are
passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about
fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and
empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our
inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous
accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies
to Work For list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned
awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+
employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best
places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a
great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit .
Looking for a Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
with 11+ years' experience in enhancing and extending automation
tools and frameworks. Candidate will be enhancing the software
build, deploy, and continuous integration capabilities to improve
quality & development efficiency.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Passionate about leading Engineering & Quality teams towards
modern test automation patterns. Quality Advocate within the
- Create and influence an environment where Test/ Behavior-Driven
Development is fostered
- Ability to work in a very fast paced development
- Decompose requirements & stories to be able to write effective
acceptance criteria and automated test scripts for highly complex
- Significant development and test automation experience in C# /
.NET tech stack.
- Able to create, manage, and standardize Test Plans for complex
- Experienced with testing practices for REST APIs & Web
- Experienced in modern CI/CD tools and services for C#
- Review, Analyze & Document bugs/issues accurately and
- Participate in Scrum Daily Stand-up, Sprint, and iterative
- Participate in Sprint planning, release planning, backlog
- Collaborate with internal and external Development and Testing
- Provide input into test environment needs for highly complexity
- Thoroughly knowledgeable about developer experience and how
testing practices can play a role Professional Skills
- Self-motivated and self-driven.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Strong attention to detail and documentation.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Open minded and always learning.
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Principles and Design
Patterns. Technology Stack
An ideal candidate will have a demonstrable understanding and/or
hands-on experience with most of the following technologies:
- 11+ years' experience in .NET Framework, .NET Core
- 11+ years' experience in ASP.NET Core MVC/ WEB API, REST API,
- 4+ years' experience in TDD, BDD, API Test Automation tools, MS
- Knowledge in Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven
Development (BDD) is necessary
- Knowledge in MS Test & MOQ is necessary
- Knowledge in any API testing tools like (ReadyAPI, Postman,
SOAP UI) is necessary
- Knowledge in Azure Devops for test automation integration is
- Knowledge in Microservices is necessary
- Knowledge in Cloud (Azure or AWS) is a plus Pay Range:
- $94,800 - $152,900 annually
- This hiring range is a good faith and reasonable estimate of
the salary range of possible compensation at the time of the
posting, and is subject to change. The actual compensation offered
will be determined by various factors, which may include a
candidate's education, training, experience, and geographic
First American invests in its employees' development and
well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and
encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work.
First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an
equal opportunity employer. Based on eligibility, First American
offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental,
vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an
employee stock purchase plan.
Keywords: First American Financial Corporation, Fountain Valley , Remote Lead SDET - .NET - Software Development Engineer in Test, IT / Software / Systems , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!