Job Details - Security Network Administrator - Fountain Valley, CA
Company: Kingston Technology Europe Co LLP
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Job Details - Security Network Administrator - Fountain Valley,
CA Department: MIS-Networking Under general supervision, the
Security Network Administrator implements, manages and
troubleshoots networks and security solutions according to a
company's needs and goals. The Security Network Administrator is
responsible for installing and maintaining computer systems,
monitoring computer threats and network systems to improve
performance, making sure all users know how to use the networks and
systems properly and ensuring all system users have authorized
access. Further, this position will maintain system security,
monitor security threats and risks, upgrade network and computer
systems and fix network, hardware, software and systems problems.
Other duties as assigned. Essential Functions:
- Assist in network design and implementation.
- Provide network support with a variety of operating
- Install and configure computer network equipment.
- Maintain network connectivity of all computer
- Maintain servers and associated hardware, applications,
services, and settings.
- Develop and monitor security policies for the use of network
- Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system
- Create and maintain network users/permissions.
- Test release of products to minimize user impact and ensure
- Updating software with the latest security patches and ensuring
the proper defenses are present for each network resource.
- Performing vulnerability and penetration tests, identifying and
defending against threats, and developing disaster recovery
- Configuring security systems, analyzing security requirements,
and recommending improvements.
- Monitoring network traffic for suspicious behavior.
- Creating network policies and authorization roles and defending
against unauthorized access, modifications, and destruction.
- Consulting with staff, managers, and executives about the best
security practices and providing technical advice.
- Configuring and supporting security tools, such as firewalls
and anti-virus software.
- Training staff to understand and use security protocols.
- A strong understanding and knowledge of computer, network, and
- Proven network engineering, network operations, and network
performance analysis skills
- Hands-on technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Familiarity with server management and monitoring tools
- Knowledge of computing infrastructures
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Advanced training certifications may be advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal skills to assist non-technical individuals
with complex technical issues
- Good teaching and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving
skills. Education and Experience:
- An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cyber
Security, or a related field.
- 2+ years' experience in a network administration role
- Previous experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012,
and 2016 preferred
- Previous experience with Cisco switches and routers
- CISSP, CCNA, or CCNP certification a plus For information about
how COVID-19 has affected our business operations, click here .
Keep in touch! Sign up to our emails for Kingston news and
Keywords: Kingston Technology Europe Co LLP, Fountain Valley , Job Details - Security Network Administrator - Fountain Valley, CA, IT / Software / Systems , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!