Sr. Data Integration Developer
Company: MemorialCare Health System
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: May 14, 2020
Members of the MemorialCare Data Integration job family work
side by side with our end users to deliver analytics solutions to
the enterprise through data analysis, data profiling, extraction
and transformations, data modeling, and leveraging the appropriate
Business Intelligence tools. Members from this job family are
accountable for growing, as well as enhancing and maintaining the
enterprise data warehouse (EDW), used for reporting and data
analysis. The EDW is considered a core component of business
intelligence acting as a central repository for source data. In
support of the EDW, team members develop automated processes for
integrating data from one or more disparate sources. They analyze
and perform data profiling to ensure data quality and may perform
data cleansing if required prior to delivering data into the EDW to
be used for reporting. They build reusable data models and data
marts to support data governance and consistency in reporting. They
analyze and provide resolutions to all EDW related data issues and
coordinate with developers or subject matter experts (SME) to
validate all requirements. Data Integration members design and
develop reliable, accurate, and robust processes to share and
exchange data with internal customers or external vendor solutions
on a near real time and/or batch basis. They demonstrate integrity,
ethics and professional conduct at all times.
The Sr. Data Integration Developer is considered a subject matter
expert involved with all phases of delivering analytics integration
solutions from technical requirements gathering, design,
development, Quality Assurance, implementation and post
implementation problem solving. They independently provide an
advanced level of development expertise with their focus geared
more towards complex and overall large projects. They can
effectively diagnose and resolve complex problems quickly and act
as a mentor to the Data Integration Developers.
Function & Responsibilities
- Develop project plans, project roadmaps, and strategizes the
project execution from inception to completion
- Conduct data sourcing by analyzing applications, analyzing,
defining and validating data, identifying the relationship among
data objects, and performing basic data modeling activities
- Develop data acquisition and integration solution for complex
systems to meet business requirements
- Provide technical and administrative support of complex,
enterprise-wide analytics systems to ensure data integrity and
proper system functioning
- Create new data structures using data modeling software and
design principles to support more robust analysis capabilities
- Develop a robust and extensible data acquisition and
- Analyze and understand source and target data systems for
- Develop and maintain data extraction scripts using
MemorialCare' s enterprise information management (EIM) toolset
from data sources
- Optimize query and database performance by applying best
practices in database, data model, and query tuning techniques
- Deliver data integration solutions that are high performance,
rapid response time, meets deadlines, and as close to real-time as
- Minimum 5 years' experience with enterprise data integration
- Minimum 5 years' experience using relational database
technology, including writing, debugging, and performance tuning
- Demonstrated history of successful analytics integration
projects in respective application.
- Experienced in leading projects, providing expert consultative
guidance and direction on change initiatives, effectively managing
more than one project, and meeting established deadlines.
- Proven ability in workflow and data analysis and design
techniques, including needs assessment, specification development,
validation, and publication.
- Past success leading meetings between business stakeholders,
technical resources, and third parties for business requirements
and technical solutions.
- Experienced working with a diverse, multi-disciplinary team,
and interacting with all levels of the organization.
- Proven knowledge of downstream use of data for effective
- Experienced in healthcare environment preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and
relevant experience required.
- Epic Certification in Clarity Data Model required.
Keywords: MemorialCare Health System, Fountain Valley , Sr. Data Integration Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!