HR Executive Principal
Company: Hyundai AutoEver America
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: June 21, 2022
HR Executive Principal - Fountain Valley, CA
About Hyundai AutoEver America (HAEA) LLCWelcome to Hyundai
AutoEver America (HAEA) - An information technology organization,
committed to providing world-class technology services to its
clients throughout North America. In today's fast-paced global
business environment, information technology is a necessity to
reduce costs, build competitive advantage, and increase market
share. With that understanding, Hyundai Kia Motor Group established
us in March 2005. Hyundai AutoEver America (HAEA) is an
established, growing, Orange County, California-based company and
an affiliate of Hyundai Motor Group.
We have started to rebuild our company after a two-year
enterprise-wide restructuring project. For that reason we are
hiring a Head of HR who will lead this rebuilding. We are looking
for enterprising, dynamic individuals to join us on this exciting
journey - people who are willing to fill their heads and hearts
with empathy and innovative thinking, while utilizing and valuing
the talents of our skilled team of professionals.
JOB SUMMARYThis position is responsible for designing, planning and
implementing HR programs and policies including staffing, employee
orientation, retention, benefits, payroll, compensation, employee
relations, training, management development, organization
development, administration, facilities, performance management and
health and welfare programs. The HR Executive Principal is
responsible for managing all the day-to-day functions of the HR &
Admin Department and acts as the primary contact for executives,
managers and employees in any employment related issues.
- Represent the HR & Admin department to the Executive Team and
other Divisions; explain and interpret HR programs, policies, and
activities; negotiate and resolve sensitive, significant, and
controversial issues with Executive Leadership.
- Develop, recommend, and implement HR policies and procedures;
prepare and maintain HR handbook on policies and procedures; create
Executive Summaries for Management approval of HR policies and
procedures; provide direction and assist management and employees
with the application of company policies.
- Handle all the employee relations, internal investigations,
performance management, progressive discipline, terminations, exit
interviews and represents the company for any legal issues.
- Partner with the leadership team to understand and execute the
organization's human resource and talent strategy particularly as
it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting,
retention, and succession planning.
- Provide support and guidance to management, and other staff
when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues
arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in
delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations,
investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Identify and recommend areas of improvement to internal
standard operating procedures, including team restructuring and
- Talk informally with establishment personnel and attend
meetings to facilitate effective interpersonal communication among
participants and to ascertain human relations and work-related
problems that adversely affect employee morale and establishment
- Direct staff personnel who assist in identifying, evaluating,
and resolving human relations and work performance problems within
establishment to facilitate communication and improve employee
human relations skills and work performance.
- Lead the organization and HR staff to execute organization-wide
and location-specific HR initiatives.
- Provide clear instructions on HR/Admin department goals,
objectives, mission and KPIs
- Review and approve or deny HR/Admin requests and/or
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and
- Prepare operational budgets
- Other duties as assigned
- Personnel and Human Resources Knowledge of principles and
procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training,
compensation and benefits, employee relations and negotiation, and
HR information systems.
- Experience in Employee Relations with specific experience in
grievance and conflict resolution
- Administration and Management Knowledge of principles involved
in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources
modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and
coordination of people and resources.
- Judgment and Decision Making considering the relative costs and
benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master Degree Preferred
- 10+ years direct experience required; 15+ years direct
- 5+ years of HR management experience or HR Consulting
- S/PHR or SHRM-CP/SCP and leadership certifications
Travel TimeUp to 10% travel may be required. Some international
travel may be required. The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature of work performed by employees assigned
to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of
all job duties performed by persons in the position. Hyundai
AutoEver America reserves the right to revise or amend duties at
any time as the needs of the company and requirements of the job
Keywords: Hyundai AutoEver America, Fountain Valley , HR Executive Principal, Human Resources , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!