Food Beverage Attendant
Company: Sonesta International Hotels
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: August 3, 2022
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions
with guests and clients according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T.
- Prepare and/or transport all food and beverage items and
associated supplies, equipment, and materials to and from buffet
- Monitor area to ensure adequate supplies of food, beverage,
plates, utensils, napkins, condiments, etc. are available to serve
all guests; replenish buffet items and areas as necessary.
- Follow preparation methods, times, quality and presentation
standards. Follow standards regarding the monitoring of taste,
appearance, texture, serving temperatures, portion sizes, and
- Prepare salads, sandwiches, soups for sale in the shoppe.
- Proactively welcome guests and respond to requests in a prompt
and professional manner. Refer any serious matters to management as
- Ensure procedures are followed to ensure the security and
proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory, and
equipment and to minimize waste.
- Maintain clean, neat, and well-organized work and buffet areas,
which includes but is not limited to hoods, filters, steam tables,
bus tables, carts, ovens and grills, sinks, refrigerator/freezers,
service areas, walls, floors, sneeze guards, and counters. Empty
trash receptacles, clean and clear tables as needed.
- Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in
accordance with specifications. Report all unsafe or malfunctioning
equipment, safety hazards, or any other maintenance and repair
needs to supervisors.
- Assist in the set-up and breakdown all meeting rooms. Serve,
maintain, and clean for all food and beverage service as part of
all hotel meetings.
- Adhere to all health, sanitation, and cleanliness standards
that meet state and local Health Board inspection, brand standards
and hotel requirements.
- Comply with all health, safety, sanitation, and cleanliness,
and alcohol services standards that meet federal, state and local
laws, brand standards and hotel requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS AND
- Some previous food and beverage experience preferred.
- Previous background from the extended stay industry
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English is required;
other languages beneficial.
- Basic reading, writing and mathematical abilities are
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving
about the facility.
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 75
- Will be required to regularly use commercial cleaning
- Will be required to obtain a ServSafe certification.
- May be required to obtain a TIPS certification.
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and
holidays.Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in
helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and
their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees
including: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Health Savings
Account with Company Match, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company
Match, Paid Vacation and Sick Days, Sonesta Hotel Discounts,
Educational Assistance, Paid Parental Leave, Company Paid Life
Insurance, Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
Insurance and Various Employee Perks and Discounts.We are an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, national
origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules,
Keywords: Sonesta International Hotels, Fountain Valley , Food Beverage Attendant, Hospitality & Tourism , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!