RN Float Pool Med Surg Per Diem Days
Company: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of
quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our
efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing
community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer
residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy
Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of
only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only
hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III
Neonatal ICU. Were proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses
and staff who strive to provide you with the best care
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching
401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous
tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select
Registered Nurse Float Pool Med Surg Position Summary:
The Adult Float Pool Registered Nurse is primarily responsible for
all aspects of patient care while maintaining a high performance
level in quality, service, critical nursing skills, and critical
thinking. The position will require floating to all Telemetry and
Medical/Surgical Departments. The Adult Float Pool Registered Nurse
must be familiar with and adhere to Regulatory Standards and
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital Policies and Procedure.
- Interviews patient, family, and significant others to formulate
- Observes, identifies and collects data to identify nursing care
needs of the patient and family.
- Demonstrates decision making process and ability to recognize
priorities and resolve appropriately.
- Documents primary assessment in a timely manner.
- Identifies and reports to the appropriate person(s) abnormal
diagnostic data and clinical changes in the patient's
- Develops and/or updates individualized nursing care plan on
- Documents patient problems and nursing care needs of the
patient and family/significant others.
- Actively involves patient and family/significant others in
planning patient's care.
- Develops short- and long-term goals for the patient and
- Identifies the need to involve other disciplines in the
- Initiates discharge planning upon admission.
- Performs common nursing procedures.
- Implements changes in physicians' orders in a timely
- Explains treatments and procedures to patient and
- Provides patient and family teaching.
- Provides for safety, cleanliness and comfort for
- Initiates emergency procedures as needed within the scope of
practice and hospital policy.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in dealing with
infrequently encountered or difficult situations.
- Evaluates the patient's response to nursing care.
- Updates and revises care to be delivered, as patient's needs
- Appropriately communicates changes and care given to other
members of the health care team.
- Keeps immediate supervisor informed of organizational, staff
and patient problems.
- Maintains an awareness of legal aspects of nursing, including
accurate/timely documentation according to standards/policy and
- Participates in patient care conferences.
- Updates skills and knowledge as it pertains to Critical Care
- Assists in orientation and/or acts as a preceptor for new
- Participates in quality assurance programs and/or
- Manages patients as a primary caregiver.
- Demonstrates ability to utilize equipment in the clinical
- Demonstrates basic computer entry skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in application of monitoring
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in recognizing and acting
accordingly to life threatening arrhythmias.
The Registered Nurse Float Pool Med Surg Per Diem Days candidate
will possess the following education, licenses/ certifications, and
- Current California Registered Nurse License
- Current American Heart Association BLS and ACLS
- Minimum of (1) year nursing experience in a Telemetry
- Exercises excellent observation and sound nursing judgment,
excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to coordinate care
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision;
excellent organizational skills.
- Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling Float Pool role
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine
any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants
other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
Pay Range: $40.33 - $61.25
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors
including, but not limited to, an employee's qualifications and
experience.2205013157Employment practices will not be influenced or
affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
Keywords: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital, Fountain Valley , RN Float Pool Med Surg Per Diem Days, Healthcare , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!