RN Labor and Delivery PD Days
Company: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of
quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our
efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing
community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer
residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy
Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of
only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only
hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III
Neonatal ICU. Were proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses
and staff who strive to provide you with the best care
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching
401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous
tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select
RN Labor and Delivery Position Summary
- Interviews patient, family, significant others to formulate a
- Observes, identifies and collects data to identify nursing care
needs of the patient and family.
- Correlates the medical plan of care with the nursing plan of
- Identifies and reports to the appropriate person(s) abnormal
diagnostic data and clinical changes in the patient's
- Develops patient problems and nursing care needs of the patient
and family/significant others.
- Documents patient problems and nursing care needs of the
patient and family/significant others
- Actively involves patient and family/significant others in
planning patient's care.
- Develops short- and long-term goals for the patient and
- Identifies the need to involve other disciplines in the
- Initiates discharge planning upon admission.
- Performs common nursing procedures as defined in Policy and
- Implements changes in physician's orders in a timely
- Explains treatments and procedures to patient and
- Provides patient and family teaching.
- Provides for the safety, cleanliness and comfort of the
- Initiates emergency procedures as needed within the scope of
practice and hospital policy.
- Evaluates the patient's response to nursing care.
- Updates and revises care to be delivered as patient's needs
- Appropriately communicates changes and care given to other
members of the health care team.
PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Assumes leadership role and delegates nursing care.
- Assign tasks appropriately and guides team members based on
their skills and abilities.
- Maintains awareness of legal aspects of hospital
- Conducts patient care conferences.
- Updates skills and knowledge and attends peers' patient care
- Assists in orientation and/or acts as a preceptor for new
- Sets goals and objectives with target dates.
- Participates in patient care Quality Assurance programs.
- Performs common nursing procedures in the care of the L&D
- Demonstrates the ability to organize and manage patient care
- Works toward proficiency in vaginal exams and determination of
fetal position in preparation for fetal electrode placement and
intrauterine pressure catheter.
- Demonstrates knowledge of policy and protocol for use of
magnesium sulfate infusion and ability to deliver care to patients
with pregnancy induced hypertension.
- Demonstrates ability to circulate for surgical cases in L&D
operating room; utilizes aseptic techniques and principles
- Demonstrates ability to scrub for surgical cases in L&D
operating room; utilizes aseptic techniques and principles
- Demonstrates ability to assist with sterile vaginal speculum
- Demonstrates verbally and through chart documentation, an
awareness of community and AWHONN standards of care.
- Demonstrates ability to make basic EFM strip interpretations
- Maintains and stocks equipment and supplies daily.
- Attends four fetal monitor strip reviews per year (recommend
minimum one attendance at monthly UCI Outreach or perinatology
- Successfully completes annual Neonatal Resuscitation
- Attends current employee update and completes skill
requirements for L&D yearly.
- Point of care testing
The Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery Per Diem Nights candidate
will possess the following education, licenses/certifications, and
- Knowledge necessary to obtain RN license in the state of
California and current California R.N. license
- Current American Heart Association BLS, ACLS, and NRP
certification. **New Grad RNs & Experienced RNs without L&D
experience have up to 30-days after date of hire/transfer to obtain
BLS, ACLS, and NRP.
- At least 1 year minimum L&D experience.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine
any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants
other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
Pay Range: $40.33 - $61.25
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors
including, but not limited to, an employee's qualifications and
experience.2205006356Employment practices will not be influenced or
affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
Keywords: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital, Fountain Valley , RN Labor and Delivery PD Days, Healthcare , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!