Registered Nurse DOU Full Time Days
Company: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Up to $25,000 Sign-On bonus for experienced Registered Nurse /
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of
quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our
efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing
community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer
residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy
Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of
only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only
hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III
Neonatal ICU. We're proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses
and staff who strive to provide you with the best care
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching
401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous
tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select
The Registered Professional Nurse is responsible for the delivery
of patient care, utilizing the nursing process for assessment,
planning, implementation and evaluation while meeting competently
all safe expectations of a nurse.
- Interviews patient, family history, significant others to
formulate nursing history.
- Observes, identifies and collects data to identify nursing care
needs of the patient and family.
- Demonstrates decision making process and ability to recognize
priorities and resolve appropriately.
- Documents primary assessment in a timely manner.
- Identifies and reports to the appropriate person(s) abnormal
diagnostic data and clinical changes in the
- patient's condition.
- Develops and/or updates individualized nursing care plan on
- Documents patient problems and nursing care needs of the
patient and family/significant others.
- Actively involves patient and family/significant others in
planning patient's care.
- Develops short- and long-term goals for the patient and
- Identifies the need to involve other disciplines in the
- Initiates discharge planning upon admission.
- Performs common nursing procedures as defined in Policy and
- Implements changes in physicians' orders in a timely
- Explains treatments and procedures to patient and
- Provides patient and family teaching.
- Provides for safety, cleanliness and comfort for
- Initiates emergency procedures as needed within the scope of
practice and hospital policy.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in dealing with
infrequently encountered or difficult situations.
- Evaluates the patient's response to nursing care.
- Updates and revises care to be delivered, as patient's needs
- Appropriately communicates changes and care given to other
members of the health care team.
- Keeps immediate supervisor informed oforganizational, staff and
PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Maintains an awareness of legal aspects of nursing, including
- according to standards/policy and procedure.
- Conducts patient care conferences.
- Updates skills and knowledge and attends peer's patient care
- Assists in orientation and/or acts as a preceptor for new
- Provides evaluation materials in a timely manner.
- Participates in quality assurance programs and/or
- Manages patients as a primary care giver.
- Demonstrates ability to utilize equipment in the clinical
- Demonstrates basic computer entry skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in application of monitoring
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in recognizing and acting
accordingly to life threatening arrhythmias.
- Attends skills lab (knowledge and clinical ability to
Current California RN license
Required: Graduate of an accredited School of NursingPreferred:
Academic degree in nursing (Bachelors or Masters degree)
Current American Heart Association BLS. ACLS certification and
Initial Dysrhythmia Recognition within 90 days of hire.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine
any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants
other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned
Pay Range: $40.33 - $61.25
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors
including, but not limited to, an individual's qualifications and
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
2305033949Employment practices will not be influenced or affected
by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
Keywords: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital, Fountain Valley , Registered Nurse DOU Full Time Days, Healthcare , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!