RN PACU Per Diem Days
Company: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of
quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our
efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing
community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer
residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy
Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of
only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only
hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III
Neonatal ICU. We're proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses
and staff who strive to provide you with the best care
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching
401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous
tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select
RN PACU Per Diem Days Position Summary:
1. Holding Area: Pre-operatively conducts a physical and
psychosocial assessment on each patient. Assures the chart is
complete for surgery according to the established hospital policy
2. Completes an immediate assessment of each patient as (s)he
arrives in the Post Anesthesia Care Unit. Documents the assessment
in an accurate, legible and complete manner.
3. Demonstrates knowledge of types of anesthesia and
intra-operative drugs and the reaction in the post-operative
4. Identifies abnormal diagnostic data and clinical changes in the
patient's condition and communicates to appropriate individuals
(i.e., charge nurse, physician, etc.).
5. Based on changing patient needs, evaluates, revises and updates
patient care during the post-operative phase.
6. Identifies areas of own strengths and weakness and seeks
assistance from appropriate individuals.
7. Utilizes the surgical schedule for planning for each
8. Coordinates patient care needs with team members and other
9. Maintains all the necessary equipment in preparation for
receiving the patient into PACU.
10. Communicates with the Operating Room nurses in preparing for
the patient post-operatively.
11. Maintains a patient care environment that is clean, orderly and
supports safe patient care.
12. Utilizes the Recovery Room Record to document and communicate
patient information in a concise and orderly manner.
13. Performs routine skills safely according to protocol.
14. Follows anesthesia orders and completes all STAT orders as
written by the surgeon and/or anesthesiologist.
15. Maintains knowledge and skills in emergency procedures for the
16. Uses supplies judiciously and in a cost-effective manner.
17. Provides support to the anesthesiologist in the care of the
18. Evaluates the patient's response to nursing care and status for
discharge from PACU.
19. Updates and revises care to be delivered as patients' needs
20. Completes required reports and forms accurately.
21. Gives a thorough report to the nurse receiving the patient upon
transfer out of PACU.
22. Participates in patient care Quality Assurance.
23. Point of care testing
The RN PACU Per Diem Days candidate will possess the following
education, licenses/certifications, and experience:
Required: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
Preferred: Academic degree in nursing (Bachelors or Masters
Knowlede necessary to obtain R.N. license in the state of
California and current California R.N. license. Current American
Heart Association BLS, ACLS, and PALS certification.
**New Grad RNs and new transfers to the department have up to
90-days after date of hire/transfer to obtain BLS, ACLS, and
B. Minimum Experience: Recent acute care experience, preferably in
a critical care environment desirable.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine
any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants
other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned
Pay range: $40.33 Minimum - $61.25 Maximum an hour
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors
including, but not limited to, an individual's qualifications and
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
law.2305018365Employment practices will not be influenced or
affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital, Fountain Valley , RN PACU Per Diem Days, Healthcare , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!