RN Med Surg Per Diem Days
Company: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of
quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our
efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing
community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer
residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy
Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of
only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only
hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III
Neonatal ICU. Were proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses
and staff who strive to provide you with the best care
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching
401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous
tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select
RN Med Surg Position Summary
- Interviews patient, family, significant others to formulate a
- Observes, identifies and collects data to identify nursing care
needs of the patient and family.
- Correlates the medical plan of care with the nursing plan of
- Identifies and reports to the appropriate person(s) abnormal
diagnostic data and clinical changes in the patient's
- Develops patient problems and nursing care needs of the
- Documents patient problems and nursing care needs of the
patient and family/ significant others
- Actively involves patient and family/ significant others in
planning patient's care.
- Develops short- and long-term goals for the patient and
- Identifies the need to involve other disciplines in the
- Initiates discharge planning upon admission.
- Performs common nursing procedures as defined in Policy and
- Implements changes in physician's orders in a timely
- Explains treatments and procedures to patient and
- Provides patient and family teaching.
- Provides for the safety, cleanliness and comfort of the
- Initiates emergency procedures as needed within the scope of
practice and hospital policy.
- Evaluates the patient's response to nursing care.
- Updates and revises care to be delivered, as patient's needs
- Appropriately communicates changes and care given to other
members of the health care team.
- Assumes leadership role and delegates nursing care.
- Assign tasks appropriately and guides team members based on
their skills and abilities.
- Maintains awareness of legal aspects of hospital
- Conducts patient care conferences.
- Updates skills and knowledge and attends peers' patient care
- Assists in orientation and/or acts as a preceptor for new
- Sets goals and objectives with target dates.
- Participates in patient care Performance Improvement
- Manages the total care of the chemically dependent
- Manages pain effectively (i.e., PCA, IVP, IM, PO, touch,
- Manages central lines, including Porta-cath and Hickman,
insertion of gripper needle, blood draw and site care.
- Manages patient with potential/actual impairment in skin
integrity, demonstrating knowledge of use of skin products, staging
- Manages care of patients with chest tube, underwater seal,
pleuravac, set-up, daily care and problem solving.
- Manages total care of the patient with AIDS, including
physical, psycho-social and spiritual care.
- Identifies and follows through on the needs of the
patient/family in a death/dying situation.
- Possesses knowledge of therapeutic application of
Pulmonary/Medical nursing regarding common disease entities and
The Registered Nurse Med Surg Per Diem Days candidate will possess
the following education, licenses/certifications, and experience:
Knowledge and education necessary to obtain R.N. license in the
state of California and current California R.N. license. Current
American Heart Association BLS.
Required: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
Preferred: Academic degree in nursing (Bachelors or Masters degree)
Recent acute care experience preferred.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine
any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants
other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
Pay Range: $40.33 - $61.25
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors
including, but not limited to, an employee's qualifications and
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital, Fountain Valley , RN Med Surg Per Diem Days, Healthcare , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!