RN PICU Full Time Nights
Company: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Up to $30,000 Sign-on for Experienced Registered Nurse
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of
quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our
efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing
community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer
residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy
Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of
only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only
hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III
Neonatal ICU. We re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses
and staff who strive to provide you with the best care
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching
401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous
tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select
Registered Nurse PICU Position Summary
1. Interviews patient, family, significant others to formulate a
2. Observes, identifies and collects data to identify nursing care
needs of the patient and family.
3. Correlates the medical plan of care with the nursing plan of
4. Identifies and reports to the appropriate person(s) abnormal
diagnostic data and clinical changes in the patient's
5. Develops and/or updates individualized nursing care plan on each
6. Documents patient problems and nursing care needs of the patient
and family/significant others.
7. Actively involves patient and family/significant others in
planning patient's care.
8. Develops short- and long-term goals for the patient and
family/significant others. Identifies the need to involve other
disciplines in the patient's care.
9. Initiates discharge planning upon admission.
10. Performs common nursing procedures as defined in Policy and
11. Implements changes in physicians' orders in a timely
12. Explains treatments and procedures to patient and
13. Provides patient and family teaching.
14. Provides for the safety, cleanliness and comfort of the
15. Initiates emergency procedures as needed within the scope of
practice and hospital policy.
16. Evaluates the patient's response to nursing care.
17. Updates and revises care to be delivered as patients' needs
18. Appropriately communicates changes and care given to other
members of the health care team.
PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND RESPONSIBILITY:
19. Assumes leadership role and delegates nursing care.
20. Assigns tasks appropriately and guides team members based on
their skills and abilities.
21. Maintains awareness of legal aspects of hospital nursing.
22. Conducts patient care conferences.
23. Updates skills and knowledge and attends peers' patient care
24. Assists in orientation and/or acts as a preceptor for new
25. Sets goals and objectives with target dates.
26. Participates in patient care Quality Assurance programs.
27. Identifies abnormal patient growth and development levels and
varies interactions with patients appropriately.
28. Identifies potential safety issues during hospitalization and
teaches family prevention techniques.
29. Monitors appropriate patient parameters (VS, weight, I&O)
as clinically appropriate and reports abnormal to the health care
30. Monitors IV and AL sites and tubing changes as per unit
31. Utilizes available resources to verify pediatric specific
dosages and IV rates during the shift.
32. Maintains bedside cleanliness and supplies, including removal
of discharged patient's equipment before the next shift.
33. Demonstrates and teaches infection control techniques to family
34. Upon transfer of assigned patients to PEDS, assures that all
orders are rewritten and appropriate paperwork completed.
35. Maintains visitation protocols of Unit and hospital.
36. Evaluates patient needs for home health care and provides
family information from unit resources.
37. Uses proper protective equipment to protect self and others
from health hazards.
38. Point of care testing
The Registered Nurse PICU Full-Time Nights candidate will possess
the following education, licenses/certifications, and
A. Minimum Education: Knowledge Necessary to obtain R.N. license in
the state of California and current California R.N. license.
Current American Heart Association BLS and PALS certification.
B. Minimum Experience: At least 1 year experience required as a
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine
any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants
other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
Pay Range: $40.33 - $61.25
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors
including, but not limited to, an employee's qualifications and
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital, Fountain Valley , RN PICU Full Time Nights, Healthcare , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!