RN ET3 Telemetry FT Nights
Company: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Up to $30,000 Sign-On bonus for experienced Registered Nurse /
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of
quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our
efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing
community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer
residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy
Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of
only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only
hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III
Neonatal ICU. We re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses
and staff who strive to provide you with the best care
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching
401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous
tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select
- Interviews patient, family, significant others to formulate a
- Observes, identifies and collects data to identify nursing care
needs of the patient and family.
- Correlates the medical plan of care with the nursing plan of
- Identifies and reports to the appropriate person(s) abnormal
diagnostic data and clinical changes in the patient's
- Utilizes standard of care to anticipate potential patient care
- Develops and/or updates individualized nursing care plan on
- Documents patient problems and nursing care needs of the
patient and family/significant others.
- Actively involves patient and family/significant others in
planning patient's care.
- Develops short- and long-term goals for the patient and
family/significant others. Identifies the need to involve other
disciplines in the patient's care.
- Initiates discharge planning upon admission. IMPLEMENTATION:
- Performs common nursing procedures as defined in Policy and
- Implements changes in physicians' orders in a timely
- Explains treatments and procedures to patient and
- Provides patient and family teaching.
- Provides for the safety, cleanliness and comfort of the
- Initiates emergency procedures as needed within the scope of
practice and hospital policy.
- Sets priorities and provides nursing care based on the patient
s needs. EVALUATION:
- Evaluates the patient's response to nursing care.
- Updates and revises care to be delivered as patients' needs
- Appropriately communicates changes and care given to other
members of the health care team.
- Recognizes alternations in physiological, psychological and
psychosocial status. PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Assumes leadership role and delegates nursing care.
- Assigns tasks appropriately and guides team members based on
their skills and abilities.
- Maintains awareness of legal aspects of hospital nursing.
- Conducts patient care conferences.
- Updates skills and knowledge and attends peers' patient care
- Assists in orientation and/or acts as a preceptor for new
- Sets goals and objectives with target dates.
- Participates in patient care Quality Assurance programs. UNIT
- Manages patients as a team leader or primary care giver.
- Demonstrates ability to assess patients' signs and symptoms
with impending CVA, Pulmonary Edema, MI, CHF, PE, respiratory
- Assesses neurological status (including cognitive levels) in
post head injured patients.
- Maintains all intravenous lines and fluids (i.e., CVP, Hickman
catheters, mini infusers hyperalimentation, dialysis catheter,
- Clearly documents effectiveness of nursing care (i.e., pain
management and response to treatments such as wound care).
- Demonstrates basic computer entry skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in application of various
types of monitor leads.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in recognizing and acting
accordingly to life threatening arrhythmia s.
- Demonstrates the philosophy of team concept.
- Participates in group projects and staff meetings with
suggestions that enhance the work environment and increase
- Consistently contributes to team effort (e.g. assists
co-workers when need is observed or upon request).
- Point of care testing
- Employee must meet physical and mental requirements as
identified by the physical activity evaluation form Education
Required: Knowledge necessary to obtain RN license in the state of
California and current California RN license. Initial Dysrhythmia
Recognition within 90 days of hire. NIHSS within 90 days of hire.
American Heart Association BLS and ACLS.
Preferred: Recent Acute Care experience in Telemetry
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine
any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants
other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
Pay Range: $40.33 - $61.25
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors
including, but not limited to, an employee's qualifications and
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital, Fountain Valley , RN ET3 Telemetry FT Nights, Healthcare , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!