RN ED PT Evenings
Company: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: January 17, 2023
Up to $30,000 Sign-On bonus for experienced Registered Nurse /
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of
quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our
efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing
community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer
residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy
Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of
only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only
hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III
Neonatal ICU. Were proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses
and staff who strive to provide you with the best care
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching
401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous
tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select
positions.RN ED Position Summary:This position is responsible for
the nursing care delivered to patients in the ED. Utilizes the
nursing process (assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning,
intervention, and evaluation) throughout a patient's stay in the
ED, from triage to discharge/admission. Communicates effectively
with other ED team members to ensure appropriate, timely, and
professional care to all patients. Demonstrates ability to function
safely and efficiently in high-stress situations and in response to
unexpected changes in workload. Demonstrates knowledge of resources
available within the hospital and in the community. Reports to ED
Manager and overseen by the Admin Director of Nursing ED.Essential
1. Demonstrated knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy, specifically
abdominal organs and the reproductive system, brain and small
2. Recognizes and demonstrates ability to differentiate normal and
abnormal sonographic anatomy with regard to specific age
3. Selects proper technical factors on an individual basis.
4. Performs examinations competently and efficiently within
5. Properly prepares and sets up equipment for special
6. Displays sterile technique without contamination, takes
appropriate action should this occur.
7. Demonstrates reliability when on-call and follows policies and
procedures regarding call.
8. Completes basic charting, interprets orders correctly
investigates vague or seemingly incorrect orders, recognizes
correct date and time for examination and checks for or obtains
9. Maintains records of examination data, history sheets and
presents case to radiologist in a timely manner.
10. Schedules procedures to coordinate with other patient
examinations including outside service exams and informs patient or
nurse of any preparation.
11. Charges patients necessary fees when required in IR Coder.
12. Maintains stock supplies or notifies supervisor of supplies
which are not adequately stocked.
13. Assists students with patient handling, scanning, techniques
and critiques images. Informs supervisor of students progress.
14. Transports patient when needed, recognizes patient needs (O2,
IV fluids, etc.), maintains patient safety and displays correct
body mechanics to avoid injury to self or patient.
15. Cleans and maintains equipment; takes measures to prevent
breakdown of equipment (e.g., proper handling of transducers,
16. Obtains service when equipment malfunctions and/or notifies
supervisor of problem.
17. Displays knowledge of front office procedures including filing,
processing requests, use of computer and telephone.
18. In the absence of supervisor, assures department policies and
procedures are followed and productivity meets standards.
19. Demonstrates knowledge regarding dispensing and use of
non-controlled medications used in Radiology procedures and
appropriately handles such medications under the direct supervision
of a qualified physician.
20. On-Call shifts required and performs all other duties as
assigned.RN ED candidate will possess the following education,
licenses/certifications, and experience:Required:
Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred. Minimum 6 months
critical care experience.
Knowledge and skills necessary to provide age appropriate emergent,
urgent, and non-urgent care to all persons who present to the ED
for evaluation and treatment. Knowledge of dysrhythmias and
appropriate interventions. Must speak, read and write English.
Current California RN license; Current American Heart Association
ACLS, BLS, and PALS. TNCC and Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI)
course within 3 months of hire. Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN)
preferred. PALS within 90 days of hire/transfer.The hospital, in
its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above
required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related
experience in order to meet the above mentioned
requirements.#LI-SARTenet complies with federal, state, and/or
local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you
are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any
applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full
vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical
exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption
from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to
regular testing in accordance with the law.Pay Range: $40.33 -
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors
including, but not limited to, an employee's qualifications and
experience. Employment practices will not be influenced or affected
by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital, Fountain Valley , RN ED PT Evenings, Healthcare , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!