Company: Titanium Healthcare
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: $18.00 -$20.00 PH DOE Job Summary:
Responsible for assisting providers with patient care, clerical,
environmental and organizational tasks such as chart management.
Provides information to patients so they may fully utilize and
benefit from clinic services. Essential Functions:
- Accompanying patients to exam rooms.
- Obtaining patient medical history, verify patient
- Charting/documenting in the patient EHR.
- Performing clinical procedures such as: obtaining vital signs
(routine, orthostatic), EKG, blood glucose measurement, urinalysis,
cultures, venipuncture, wound care dressings, peak flow
measurements, administering nebulizer breathing treatments,
- Dispense medications within the scope of practice as ordered by
the treating physician and in accordance with state
- Assists in receiving, logging, and collecting of laboratory
- Assisting physicians/nurses with various procedures.
- Relaying instructions to patients/caregivers.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned which may
- Obtaining discharge records from the hospital.
- Fax hospital and clinic records to PCP/specialists office.
- Request authorizations/follow-up on authorization
- Submit lab requisitions/follow-up on lab results.
- Schedule patient appointments (clinic, PCP, specialists).
- Call patients with appointment reminders.
- Call "no-show" patients, facilitate appointment
- Answer phones and relaying messages to the appropriate
- Ordering office supplies.
- Submit claims/billing.
- Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned which may
- Setting up exam room instruments/equipment as required.
- Cleaning exam rooms between patient visits.
- Cleaning instruments/equipment between patient visits to
maintain infection control.
- Ordering exam room supplies, restocking exam rooms.
- Maintain all logs and required checks.
- Maintaining the overall appearance of the clinic.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required. Qualifications:
- Education: Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant
program or Certificate of Completion from an adult education MA
program in a public school or community college program authorized
by the Department of Education.
- Experience: 0-1 year experience in a medical setting.
- Experience working in either front or back office and the use
of basic medical terminology.
- Experience with an EHR/EPM; eClinical Works (ECW) experience
- Medical Assistant certification, preferred.
- Valid BLS certification from the American Heart Association.
- Language: Fluent in English (written and verbal), Bilingual in
- Competent with computers, email, virtual platforms, Excel and
Microsoft Office based programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
the ability to convey and exchange information in a clear,
- Ability to identify problems and use logic and related
information to develop and implement solutions.
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments to
completion within the parameters of established policies and
procedures. Travel Requirements: Must have the ability to travel to
Lakewood clinic, as needed.Physical Requirements: Physical demands
associated with office work, including but not limited to:
- Consistently operating a computer and other office equipment
such as a telephone, calculator, copy machine, and printer.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the
- Must be able to move around the office or clinic 50% of the
- Frequently moving or carrying office equipment weighing up to
15 pounds across offices.
- Ability to operate a vehicle and/or travel to meetings and
different office locations as required or requested.
Keywords: Titanium Healthcare, Fountain Valley , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!