RN Telemetry Per Diem Nights
Company: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Cent
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: January 7, 2021
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of
quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our
efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing
community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer
residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy
Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of
only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only
hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III
Neonatal ICU. We re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses
and staff who strive to provide you with the best care
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching
401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous
tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select
1. Interviews patient, family, significant others to formulate a
2. Observes, identifies and collects data to identify nursing care
needs of the patient and family.
3. Correlates the medical plan of care with the nursing plan of
4. Identifies and reports to the appropriate person(s) abnormal
diagnostic data and clinical changes in the patient's
5. Develops and/or updates individualized nursing care plan on each
6. Documents patient problems and nursing care needs of the patient
and family/significant others.
7. Actively involves patient and family/significant others in
planning patient's care.
8. Develops short- and long-term goals for the patient and
family/significant others. Identifies the need to involve other
disciplines in the patient's care.
9. Initiates discharge planning upon admission.
10. Performs common nursing procedures as defined in Policy and
11. Implements changes in physicians' orders in a timely
12. Explains treatments and procedures to patient and
13. Provides patient and family teaching.
14. Provides for the safety, cleanliness and comfort of the
15. Initiates emergency procedures as needed within the scope of
practice and hospital policy.
16. Evaluates the patient's response to nursing care.
17. Updates and revises care to be delivered as patients' needs
18. Appropriately communicates changes and care given to other
members of the health care team.
PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND RESPONSIBILITY:
19. Assumes leadership role and delegates nursing care.
20. Assigns tasks appropriately and guides team members based on
their skills and abilities.
21. Maintains awareness of legal aspects of hospital nursing.
22. Conducts patient care conferences.
23. Updates skills and knowledge and attends peers' patient care
24. Assists in orientation and/or acts as a preceptor for new
25. Sets goals and objectives with target dates.
26. Participates in patient care Quality Assurance programs.
27. Manages patients as a team leader or primary care giver.
28. Demonstrates ability to assess patients' signs and symptoms
with impending CVA, Pulmonary Edema, MI, CHF, PE, respiratory
29.Assures and teaches patient's pre/post open heart surgery, heart
30. Assesses neurological status (including cognitive levels) in
post head injured patients.
31. Maintains all intravenous lines and fluids (i.e., CVP, Hickman
catheters, mini infusers hyperalimentation, dialysis catheter,
32. Clearly documents effectiveness of nursing care (i.e., pain
management and response to treatments such as wound care).
33. Demonstrates basic computer entry skills.
34. Demonstrates knowledge and skills in application of various
types of monitor leads.
35. Demonstrates knowledge and skills in recognizing and acting
accordingly to life threatening arrythmias.
36. Point of care testing
A. Minimum Education: Knowledge necessary to obtain RN license in
the state of California and current California RN license. Current
American Heart Association BLS certification. ACLS and Initial
Dysrythmia Recognition within 90 days of hire.
Required: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
Preferred: Academic degree in nursing (Bachelors or Masters
B. Minimum Experience: Recent acute care experience preferred.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine
any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants
other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned
PRIMARY LOCATION: Fountain Valley, California
FACILITY: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital And Medical Center
JOB TYPE: PT2Y
SHIFT TYPE: Nights
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Cent, Fountain Valley , RN Telemetry Per Diem Nights, Healthcare , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!