RN Case Manager Full Time Days
Company: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Up to $30,000 Sign-on Bonus for Experienced Registered Nurse
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of
quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our
efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing
community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer
residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy
Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of
only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only
hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III
Neonatal ICU. Were proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses
and staff who strive to provide you with the best care
Position Summary: The Case Manager accomplishes patients care by
assessing treatment needs developing, monitoring, and evaluating
treatment plans and progress; facilitating interdisciplinary
approaches, coordinating and providing care that is safe, timely,
effective, efficient, and patient-centered. Essential
- Assesses admission necessity utilizing the IQ SI/IS criteria
for fee-for-service Medicare patients, all other payers will be
handled by Tenet Call Center (TCC). Review date will be assigned.
If treatment plan does not meet criteria, the UR nurse will refer
case to attending physician. If no determination, the UR nurse will
refer the case to the UR Physician Advisor.
- Performs the initial IQ and clinical review within one working
day of admission and documents in Allscripts all that are not
reviewed by TCC within 24 hours.
- Performs continued stay IQ and documents in Allscripts a
concurrent review every 3 days or sooner, depending upon the payer,
change in LOC, or clinical status.
- Reviews all Observation patients daily and performs inpatient
- Initiates discharge planning per Department standard. All payer
sources are screened for high risk, high volume and problem prone
- Conducts Adult Transition Evaluations with patients and
significant others within 24 hours of admission. Explores avenues
of discharge planning.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of human behavior and counseling
skills as they relate to patient and staff needs
- Documents in Allscripts information and events as they occur.
Maintain verbal and written communication with physician, staff,
and family regarding discharge planning process. Notes signed (with
name and title) and dated with each entry into the discharge
- Implements innovative discharge planning when needs are out of
the ordinary or resources unavailable. Utilizes insurance plan's
case management for planning, if available.
- Assists patients and families with information regarding
social, economic and emotional aspects and makes necessary referral
to social work, financial counseling or educational resources. Acts
as a resource to patients and families.
- Assists physicians in transferring patients to other
facilities. Coordinates exchange of information, records,
transportation and notifications. Documents activities in Discharge
- Educates medical and nursing staff on discharge planning for
continuity of care. Lower level of care; i.e., role of HHC, SNF,
REHAB, etc. Interprets, CCS Medi-care, Medi-Cal, IMS, private
insurance and HMO's as they pertain to discharge planning.
- Acts as a community relations person. Participates in meetings
and in-services by outside providers. Networks with others in the
- Participates in and initiates family conferences as needed and
weekly complex case reviews.
- Returns all telephone reviews to insurance companies within one
- Updates Discharge Plan and barriers on the eTEMPO board
- Actively participates in daily TEMPO rounding.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
The Registered Nurse Case Manager Full-Time Days candidate will
possess the following education, licenses/certifications, and
- Current California RN license, and a current BLS
- Three to five years of experience in an acute care hospital
setting (medical/surgical preferred)
- Must be proficient in typing.
- Ability to write and communicate professionally
- Must be proficient in computer skills including Microsoft
Broad knowledge of Medicare, Medi-Cal and insurance guidelines.
Critical care experience (For Resource Case Manager)
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine
any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants
other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
Pay Range: $44.00 - $67.84Individual wages are determined based
upon a number of factors including, but not limited to, an
employee's qualifications and experience.2205002013Employment
practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or
employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any
other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital, Fountain Valley , RN Case Manager Full Time Days, Executive , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!