Manager, Strategic Sourcing - FT/Predominantly Remote - Fountain Valley
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Responsible to manage the system wide portfolio of contract
categories across the assigned service line including Sourcing,
Value Analysis, Contracting, Implementation and Maintenance. The
Manager serves as business adviser, gathering market knowledge and
assisting in the development of non-salary cost management goals
and processes on behalf of the organization. Manager facilitates
the assigned service line Value Analysis committee to ensure
maximum value in the acquisition of new technology, sourcing,
contracting, utilization management, supply standardization, and
maximization of GPO services and opportunities. Under the
leadership of Director, Clinical Value Analysis and Senior Legal
Counsel, Managers support and educate department customers to
maximize system wide contract management and cost reduction
opportunities, facilitate product conversions, standardizations,
evaluations, trials, resolves backorder and defective product
issues. Works closely with Strategic Sourcing and Supply Chain
Analysts and provides coaching and mentoring to ensure compliance
with contract pricing and maximize use of informatics,
benchmarking, and GPO membership resources.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Contract Calendar and Renewal Framework - Review contracts at
least 180 days before contract expiration date and develop
strategies for optimization of spend for the entire contract
- Identify system-wide opportunities for cost savings and / or
establish contractual relationships with suppliers of products,
equipment and services.
- Engage and collaborate with Stakeholders to review, collaborate
and gain alignment for strategies designed to optimize the entire
- Develop and manage category optimization strategies including
GPO Tier Max, Collaboration with an Aggregation Group, Local
Negotiations, Requests for Proposals ( RFP ) or a competitive
- Works closely with Strategic Sourcing Analysts to ensure
compliance with GPO and system-wide negotiated contracts and ensure
price integrity. Maximizes use of informatics for contract price
compliance; supply cost and utilization analyses; savings
actualization; benchmarking resources; and mining for cost
- Responsible for facilitation and Collaboration with the Value
Analysis Teams within assigned service line. Develop relationships
with department stakeholders and gain alignment on assuring maximum
value opportunities for supplies, and capital acquisition through
sourcing, contract negotiation, supply conversion opportunities and
identified supply utilization and standardization
- Support the review of new product requests for alignment with
strategies of the appropriate contract category.
- Together with the service line stakeholders, establish cost
reduction goals for assigned service line and measure
- Represents the organization in negotiating effective and market
competitive contracts, ensures that renewal contracts are
consistent with goals of the organization and affected end users,
and ensures that integrity and fairness are maintained during the
- With clearly defined hand-offs and communications, work closely
with the with Legal Counsel and Contract Administrators in
successful contract negotiations.
- Enhance the Contract Award and Launch with clear communication
to Stakeholder (s) and support the implementation as
- Responsible for management of strategic supplier relationships
within assigned clinical service line to maximize service, quality
and overall cost.
- Schedule regular business reviews with Strategic Suppliers and
maintaining supplier scorecards to measure performance across all
areas of cost, service, quality, policy compliance and other KPIs
- Responsible for ensuring that all Supplier representatives
comply with Supplier representation policies, and issuing
disciplinary actions when appropriate.
Pay Range: $115,585.60 - $173,368
Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including,
but not limited to, relevant years of experience and
qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional
compensation available for this role, including but not limited to,
shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus
opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at
MemorialCare-that includes taking good care of employees and their
dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so
you can select the best choice for your family. And there's more...
Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our
Benefits and Rewards.
- Required College Degree ( BA/BS ) from an accredited university
or equivalent combination of education and experience as RN, PA,
CAN or LPN/LVN.
- Minimum of five years of experience in clinical value analysis,
strategic sourcing, analytics and project management, or an
equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Possess extensive knowledge of hospital business operations and
related medical supplies and services, service-line leadership
experience in OR, Cardiology or Pharmacy preferred.
- Possess good of the principles, practices, equipment and
terminology associated with materials management, product
standardization and value analysis in a healthcare setting.
- Possess good knowledge of GPOs, RFPs and Purchasing
- Working knowledge of clinical practices, patient safety
initiatives and clinical procedures.
- Ability to coordinate detailed presentations, product trials
- Must possess strong leadership, facilitation and organizational
- Must have experience facilitating large diverse groups from
multiple disciplines to reach consensus and make decisions.
- Must have a proven track record of strong project management
skills, leading, facilitating and organizing large meetings with
high visibility implications.
- Strong communicator in all forms of media.
- Must have strong experience using Microsoft Office, with
emphasis on Excel skills.
- Masters / M.B.A degree preferred.
- Respective certifications in Materials Management, Lean
Keywords: MemorialCare, Fountain Valley , Manager, Strategic Sourcing - FT/Predominantly Remote - Fountain Valley, Executive , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!