Analyst, Supply Backorder Management
Company: Advantage Technical
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Want to work for a company that's known worldwide for its
quality and sustainability? The opportunity you've been waiting for
has arrived! Working as a Supply Backorder Management Analyst, you
will support the procurement team to ensure customer needs are a
primary focus through parts availability to support OE service and
accessory parts requirements. Key Accountabilities:
- Responsible for attaining and driving improvements to Key
Performance Indicators (KPIs): Backorder lines, Aged backorder
lines, XVOR's; while operating within business constraints. -
- This person may attend meetings with OEs and vendors linking
the relationship with Tier 1 Supply.
- They will also be responsible for developing and improving
standard operating procedures (SOPs) as well as training
- Planning and control of parts requires timely and accurate use
of local ERP system. In addition to constant coordination and
communication with appropriate OE departments. These
responsibilities have a direct impact on Tier 1 expenses (freight,
warehousing), income (parts sales), and customer service (Fill
Rate, Back Order lines), and therefore have an impact on company
- Review daily dealer backorder reports and take appropriate
actions to resolve, including XVOR / UPER orders to minimize risks
of buybacks. -
- Provide dealers with accurate ETA information as well as
providing backorder resolution status to management on daily basis.
- Support & Update Inventory Planners daily regarding variations
or issues within the inventory supply chain. (40%)
- Utilize the parts catalogs to seek alternative solutions for
resolving dealer backorders. -
- Work closely with parts technical and dealer support teams to
verify any and all resolution alternatives. (30%)
- Collaborate with internal departments for resolution of delays
including PDC, Logistics, Customs, Pricing, Sales. (20%)
- Effectively communicate with Management of Tier 1 and OEs on
business KPIs, current statuses, and issues and resolutions to
provide better customer service. Develop, review, document, and
maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) as needed. (5%)
- Work closely with customers (OEs) and vendors to support
business and improve processes. -
- Work with Tier 1's HQ Coordinator to escalate parts supply
concerns and expedite open urgent orders. (5%) Ker Performance
- Monitor dealer backorders continuously, and communicate with
suppliers on delivery in order to achieve highest customer service
levels, while operating within business constraints of inventory
value and air freight expenses.
- Review and recommend changes to the Part Master to ensure that
correct supply levels, supersession codes, and part control codes
are maintained and accurate.
- Responsible for fielding customer service inquiries relative to
inventory availability and ETA's for back orders.
- Resolve escalated backorders, quality, vendor or inventory
issues as needed.
- Utilize the available parts catalogs in order to seek solutions
for critical customer backorders.
- Coordinate supersession and linkage issues with HQ and parts
technical teams for immediate resolution of backorders. -
- Monitor KPIs and provide direction to meet objectives.
- Initiate activity with import / export analyst for support from
all company affiliates.
- Update daily top backorder comments with causal factors,
resolution plans, and ETA's. -
- Escalate pricing issue discrepancies.
- Work with parts technical / claims teams to ensure that
defectives and non-sale item resolutions are expedited and resolved
as quickly as possible.
- Escalate PDC freeze flag review and receiving delays.
- Prioritize transportation delays with logistics teams for
- Take an active role in identifying and recommending
modifications to the Parts System to aid in inventory planning and
to improve customer service. Participate in the design, testing,
and implementation of short and long term system enhancements.
- Communicate with Management of Tier 1 and OEs issues and
resolutions to provide better customer service through process
- Manage special projects such as expediting with vendors and
PDCs, communicating to involved groups, and coordinating dealer
order entry and timing with the PDCs.
- Generate daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual KPI
reports, OE brand updates, VIP presentations, and other executive
- Support any ad-hoc requests for analysis, information, special
projects, or additional tasks. Major Challenges and Key Decisions:
- Experience with inventory planning required
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent organizational skills (Reports and Timelines)
- Flexibility and responsiveness to changing circumstances
- Experience with MS Access or other SQL, Word, PowerPoint
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, or related field
preferred or combination of education and related experience.
- 2-4 years -of Experience
- Operations - Warehousing/Distribution - Inventory Control
- Three years of directly-related experience in inventory
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems/issues, recommend
appropriate solutions, and follow-up to ensure positive results is
- APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) or
other supply chain related certifications or affiliations a plus.
- Computer Skills
- Reasoning Ability
- Intermediate computer skills: e-mail, routine database, word
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills required.
About Advantage Technical Advantage Technical is committed to
providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless
of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming
practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic
information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation,
union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or
other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable
accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and
employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation,
contact us. Advantage Technical is an E-Verify employer. This
policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship,
including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations,
working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and
conditions of employment. All employees are directed to familiarize
themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All
decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of
employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with
this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and
Keywords: Advantage Technical, Fountain Valley , Analyst, Supply Backorder Management, Executive , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!