Executive Director, Benefits
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: June 19, 2022
The MHS Executive Director of Benefits is responsible for the
design, cost, pricing, management, vendor management and RFP
process for all employee related benefits. This individual handles
complex health and welfare benefit issues, develops sensible and
realistic benefit programs, designs, implements and administers
benefit plans; manages all vendors providing health and welfare
benefits; creates procedures to streamline processes; coordinates
data interfaces between MHS and various carriers; consolidate
benefits administration and ensures benefit plans and benefits
communication are consistent throughout the MemorialCare system.
This position continually investigates new benefit programs,
improves existing programs, and supervises and monitors benefits
administration. In addition, this individual oversees system wide
Leave of Absence processes/policy, third party administration of
workers compensation and oversees services provided by Employee
Health at Shared Services.
- Plan, review, evaluate and implement the MHS Benefits Programs
for all MemorialCare employees and MemorialCare Medical Group
(MCMG) physicians and advanced health practitioners (AHPs) to
ensure a quality and cost-effective program.
- Design, recommend and implement new benefits programs. Examine
possible plan designs and benefits cost changes.
- This individual is the primary liaison between all insurance
brokers/agents, carriers and vendors, all hospital HR departments,
IS, Finance and Legal for all benefits-related activities.
- Evaluate competitive trends in benefit coverage, employee
demographics, budgetary conditions to effectively recommend changes
or additions to current employee programs.
- Review benefits plans and develop formulas for cost sharing
between employer and employee.
- Develop MHS standard procedures and policies impacting all
areas of benefits administration.
- Plan and direct the daily activities of the Benefits Service
Center. Must be able to work in a team environment, providing
leadership skills to staff.
- Monitor and facilitate data and claims processes in both a
quality and timely manner.
- In partnership with local HR, oversees system-wide
administration of Leave of Absence (LOA) policy, electronic LOA
system, processes and procedure
- Management guidance over Workers Comp program to maximize WC
cost savings opportunities and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Management and guidance to the MCSS Employee Health to ensure
quality, cost effective and compliant occupational health services
- Complete Human Resources related projects as assigned by Chief
Human Resources Officer and Executive LeadershipQualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in a work-related discipline/field from an
accredited college or university
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to
use Microsoft products including PowerPoint; experience with HRIS
and benefit databases.
- Project and team management/leadership skills and
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage
several complex projects simultaneously while working under
pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations,
filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending,
affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERIS,
COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers compensation, Medicare, OBRA
and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Keywords: MemorialCare, Fountain Valley , Executive Director, Benefits, Executive , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!