Manager, Patient Financial Services
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: June 16, 2022
Position Summary:Plans, organizes, staffs and is otherwise
responsible for operations and activities of the Medicare Unit and
Commercial Collections Billing Unit of Patient Financial Services
in support of the organization's goal of obtaining appropriate and
timely reimbursement of Medicare accounts receivable while meeting
all related regulatory and compliance standards. Identifies and
provides appropriate solutions regarding the Medicare and
commercial billing. Identifies and provides appropriate solutions
regarding the Medicare follow-up practices of the unit. Ensures
applicable regulations and requirements are met as set forth by
outside governing agencies and contractual obligations. Provides an
exceptional level of customer service. Uses exceptional
interpersonal skills with both internal and external customers and
staff often using conflict management expertise. Serves as role
model in promoting respect for others, while assisting staff to
understand the purpose and importance of ethics and policy
standards consistent with MHS mission and core values. Develops
departmental policies/procedures and revisions. Continually works
to improve workflow processes maximizing resources to achieve Best
Practices and Work Standardization.Monitors activities of unit to
ensure all aspects of areas of responsibility operate efficiently
and effectively including Budget and productivity standards.
Manages daily operations with minimal guidance. Responsible for
hiring, training, performance review. Can recommend disciplinary
actions, of staff to retain high-quality personnel. Works
independently under the management of Director. Principal Duties
and Responsibilities:This position works independently under the
guidance of a Director and is responsible for MHS Medicare and
commercial billing account receivable as follows:
- Manages daily operations with minimal guidance. Works
effectively with both internal and external executive directors,
directors, managers, and staff to ensure timely Medicare and
commercial claim billing and Medicare collection.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local and other payer
legal requirements governing Medicare and commercial billing and
Medicare collection activities.
- Recruits, hires, trains and retains high quality
- Participates in multi-disciplinary teams to resolve issues
relating to billing and reimbursement.
- Demonstrates initiative through performance improvement
projects to increase staff productivity through streamlining
activities and the appropriate use of systems and automation,
employing Best Practice and Work Standardization principles.
- Ensures that an exceptional level of customer service for
patients, physicians, and employees and other stakeholders is
provided promptly and appropriately.
- Responsible for effective leadership within the Unit, either
personally or through delegation as evidenced by:
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures that guide
and support the department.
- Continuously assessing and improving performance.
- Maintaining quality control programs
- Orienting and providing training and continuing education of
all persons in the Unit
- Serves as role model in promoting respect for others by
exhibiting courtesy and cooperation to patients, visitors,
physicians and other customers, Responsible for staff understanding
the purpose and importance of ethics and policy standards
consistent with the MHS mission and core values
- Participates in developing and adheres to the PFS budget.
- Keeps current on the latest business and technical developments
through continuing education and educates staff accordingly.
- Conducts employee performance appraisals according to MHS
- Provides both positive and disciplinary counseling in a manner
consistent with MHS guidelines, and Gallup guiding principles
- Reviews and responds to employee grievances in a timely manner
per MHS guidelines.
- Updates procedure manuals and job descriptions as operations
and requirements change.
- Demonstrates effective and appropriate oral and written
- Accepts special assignments from upper management and completes
projects in a timely manner.
- Prepares staff for promotions.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university is
preferred, preferably in Business Administration.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of recent experience in related
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience in related healthcare
- Experience with hospital patient accounting systems,
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of concepts such
billing/collection regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD9 and CPT procedure
- Ability to effectively and appropriately communicate ensuring
exceptional customer service.
- Computer experience - Microsoft Word and Excel proficient
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, strong verbal and written
skills and sound decision-making abilities.
- Knowledge of HIPAA compliance requirements
Keywords: MemorialCare, Fountain Valley , Manager, Patient Financial Services, Executive , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!