Company: MemorialCare Health System
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Description - VP, Business Development & Strategic Services
(MEM005124) Job Description VP, Business Development & Strategic
Services - ( MEM005124 ) Description As a key member of the MCMF
executive team, has overall responsibility for evaluating,
planning, developing and executing business development and
physician growth strategies for the medical group and IPA divisions
of MemorialCare Medical Foundation (MCMF) that are aligned with and
support the organization's mission, vision, values and objectives.
Assists the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer
with the overall strategic initiatives of MCMF; plans, organizes,
develops, directs, coordinates, and evaluates the activities and
resources (human, material and capital) necessary for MCMF to
achieve its strategic goals either directly through ownership or
partnership, including ambulatory surgery center joint ventures,
outpatient imaging services, dialysis and physical therapy.
Participates in acquisitions including due diligence and
negotiations for joint venture, ancillary and provider businesses.
#indeed Essential Functions: Strategic:
- Responsible for planning, strategy development and growth of
key strategic services of the planning and executing for MCMF
- Oversees and maintains collaborative and responsive working
relationships with key business partners including outpatient
surgery, imaging, dialysis, physical therapy, and other potential
partners in MCMF ancillary joint ventures.
- Participates in the governance of joint venture partnerships;
acts a board member or attendee at each meeting, unless agreed upon
delegate is identified.
- Works closely with MCMF leadership team in executive strategic
planning activities to identify opportunities for same store
growth, new growth or business, key campaigns, specialty growth
efforts, and strategic acquisitions.
- Works with contracted physician groups to maintain a proactive
relationship to enhance services and cooperation between MCMF,
ancillary joint ventures, and physicians.
- Works closely with MemorialCare hospital management teams to
achieve clinical, financial, and technological integration across
the system for strategic initiatives, enterprise opportunities and
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge in the fields of imaging,
virtual health services, and ambulatory surgery to anticipate and
plan for business, operational and regulatory needs; advises
executive team on trends in industry in appropriate areas of
- Responsible for leading and directing the activities of
specified ancillary service departments. Direct areas of
responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Ambulatory Surgery Center joint ventures
- Outpatient Imaging Services in both MCMG locations and
free-standing imaging centers in our joint venture
- Outpatient dialysis centers through our joint venture
- Physical therapy centers, including both in MCMG sites and
- New growth ventures
- Partners with operations for regulatory impact planning,
- Evaluates current and future trends in areas across MCMF to
ensure we have best practice technology and services in place to
meet patient and provider expectations timely and efficiently.
- Ensures that needs for maintenance of high-quality clinical
capabilities and outstanding service are met or exceeded, to
maintain and improve market competitiveness.
- Evaluates and recommends new technology for areas of
responsibility. Develops case presentation for technology
replacement and upgrades.
- In collaboration with the Legal Department, oversees, maintains
and drafts (as needed) Professional Services and Management
contracts and/or agreements for ancillary joint venture
partnerships and other acquisitions.
- Participates in key system and hospital committees as needed to
- Works closely with senior and regional medical directors for
each entity to ensure that services are provided in the most
efficient and safe manner.
- Develops pro forma and ROI analysis for new joint venture and
other new business partnerships to evaluate the business venture's
- Monitors growth and overall profitability of all ancillary
business ventures; works closely with CFO on anticipating capital
needs and business strategies.
- Responsible for capital and operating budgets for all areas of
responsibility; evaluates capital needs, prepares justification and
ROI assumptions for approval; reviews, selects, and approves final
equipment selection based on recommendation from appropriate
evaluation team. Qualifications MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS: 1.
- B.S. degree in a healthcare field, Master's degree strongly
preferred. Ten (10) years progressive leadership experience in a
healthcare setting, with five (5) years knowledge/experience in
business development activities in a leadership role and five (5)
years progressive operational experience in key ancillary service
areas, such as laboratory, imaging, and surgery centers. 3.
- Understanding and comprehension of current regulatory
requirements for areas of responsibility. These include, but are
not limited to: Department of Public Health including Title XXII
and XVII, College of Pathology regulatory compliance, Stark
Regulations, HIPAA law, California Business and Profession Law. 4.
- Evidence of leadership, creativity, integrity, initiative, and
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, plan, and execute
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Strong fiscal management.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to resolve complex regulatory and operational
- Ability to motivate and lead team of highly educated and
skilled direct reports.
- Ability to use the necessary software systems needed to
evaluate data, produce effective presentations, etc. Primary
Location : United States-California-Fountain Valley
Keywords: MemorialCare Health System, Fountain Valley , VP, Executive , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!