Director, Digital & eCommerce (Safety Division)
Company: Bunzl Safety
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Bunzl Safety comprises 10 individual businesses operating from
over 20 locations across the USA. Over 2,000 dedicated team members
work to create, manufacture and distribute high quality products
that support our mission to Protect People Everyday.
Our businesses are independently branded, run autonomously and, in
most case, have been acquired over the last 5 years. The leadership
of each business is supported by our Safety Leadership Team. This
role will operate as part of that team and report to the Senior
Vice President, Safety.
The Director, Digital and eCommerce will be responsible for
building, leading and executing our digital and eCommerce strategy.
The role will support the transformation of our businesses to a
digital environment and be accountable to delivering growth through
technology platforms that enable the business to compete and win
Central to the role will be leading the development and
implementation of our recently authorized$multi-million investment
in new PIM and E-Com platforms. The role will also connect with
peer positions within both Bunzl North America and Bunzl globally
for continued learning and to help guide our overall direction in
- Lead the development and adoption of digital and ecommerce
solutions throughout our businesses.
- Deliver a rich Product Information Management solution to
include processes that support the addition and maintenance of
internal and external content.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop best-in-class
website experiences that optimize the path to conversion and
minimizes bounce and drop-off rates.
- Partner with commercial leaders and customers to develop growth
strategies and optimize digital channels to increase traffic to
websites and other digital solutions.
- Analysis and Reporting: Work with cross-functional team to
define approach to digital analytics. Effectively communicate
results to stakeholders.
- Thought leader for all digital transformation efforts including
but not limited to PIM, CRM, websites, and eCommerce
- Proactively lead conversations and drive improvements with
customer feedback, industry benchmarks, and productivity
- Manage day to day relationship with vendor partners to
successfully execute ongoing strategies including campaign testing,
targeting, execution and reporting.
- Define the key metrics for success and establish the correct
KPIs to enable tracking and reporting of performance. This includes
the development of Insights & Analytical tool set.
- Partner with IT in converting existing platforms to establish a
mature, safe, and cost-effective technology footprint.
- Ensure our businesses have the required technical capabilities
to create an excellent customer experience
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred
- Southern California advantageous, but not critical
- 5 plus years of digital and eCommerce experience, with deep
expertise leading an organization through a digital/eCommerce
- Proven track-record within B2B environments, ideally at
manufacturer level, selling into distributor
- Success in leading significant strategic initiatives and/or
change efforts that are highly visible to the most senior leaders
of the company
- Data-led mindset with experience of bringing together and
structuring multiple data sets to drive future value
- A balance of skills, capabilities and competencies to enable
them to serve as a coach, inspiring and developing our teams and
forging impactful cross-functional relationships
- Strong understanding of digital platforms & technologies,
product information, marketing technologies and eCommerce
- Strong "solutions" driven skill set with excellent business
acumen, financial bottom-line orientation and the ability to
successfully plan, organize, and measure
- Demonstrated success leading a digital team into a world-class,
efficient and value-add organization
- Strong understanding of business strategy and evidence of
executing programs that are aligned with current industry and
- Proven and accomplished in influencing teams internally while
forging exceptional external relationships with suppliers,
customers, and key stakeholders in the business
- Strong strategic capabilities, forward thinking, strategically
agile, innovative, and comfortable with ambiguity and driving
change across the organization
- A strong ability to create a partnership atmosphere with
internal and external resources while achieving key operating
- Exceptional EQ and influencing skills are required; Ability to
work collaboratively across multi- functional teams
- A strong relationship builder who is able to foster excellent
relationships and gain credibility quickly across all levels of the
- Demonstrated ability leading through influence. The ability to
develop and drive recommendation through the organization, showing
initiative across functions
- Familiarity with inRiver and/or Insite/Episerver platforms an
So, what are you waiting for? A new career awaits you with endless
Bunzl is a global leader in the Cleaning & Hygiene, Food
Processing, Grocery, Health Care, Non-Food Retail, and Safety
industries. We have grown both organically and through acquisitions
to sales in excess of $10 billion. Bunzl North America is
headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. Bunzl North America owns and
operates more than 100 warehouses and serves all 50 states, Puerto
Rico, Canada and parts of the Caribbean and Mexico. With more than
5,000 employees and 400,000 plus supplies, Bunzl is regarded as a
leading supplier in North America.
Bunzl Distribution offers competitive salaries, a comfortable work
environment, and a full range of benefits including a 401k with a
company match. --- Bunzl Distribution has a tradition of commitment
to equal employment opportunity. It is the established policy to
attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status
as provided by law.
Keywords: Bunzl Safety, Fountain Valley , Director, Digital & eCommerce (Safety Division), Executive , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!