Senior Manager, Hyundai and Genesis Business Management
Company: Hyundai Motor America
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: March 26, 2020
At Hyundai, we've rethought our business and created cars that
combine performance, quality, design and innovation into a complete
It's time you rethink what you expect from an employer.
At Hyundai, we understand you're not just building a career -
you're building a life. We believe in our people and realize that
our success is a direct result of our commitment in offering you
great opportunities for your career. If you would enjoy working in
a dynamic environment and are looking for a chance to become part
of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online
- Position provides oversight of vendor team and supports Sr. Group
Mgr. in monitoring and providing HMA, GMA, and HMNA Executive
Management, Internal Staff, Regional Staff and Dealers business
management and analytical reports that outline profit results,
business opportunities and other key performance indicators
involving dealership operations. Develops business analysis,
interpretation and reporting of dealership financial health.
Collaboratively works with Hyundai/Genesis Business Management team
to ensure alignment of information and activities regarding
Information Services, reporting improvements, testing,
implementation and submission of Dealer financial statements.
- Evaluate Hyundai and Genesis dealer financial performance.
- Development of stand-alone dealer Genesis Financial Stmt
structure, deployment and dealer reporting
- Develop recommendations for Executives and Senior management
relative to changes in dealer performance and impact of company's
endeavors on Hyundai and Genesis dealer profitability.
- Coordinate with executive and regional management to develop key
reporting criteria (KPIs) including front-end selling gross
averages, Incentives, Advertising expense, Earnback, Wholesale
Support and F&I measures.
- Create composites to contrast average active dealer performance
among the regions and compare performance among several groupings
of dealers (all dealers including active dealers, exclusive
dealers, dual dealers, top 100 unit sales dealers and dealers in
operation for one year or less).
- Develops performance and financial/capital standards for all
active Hyundai and Genesis dealers.
- Recommend revisions as required to Hyundai and Genesis dealer
performance and capital guides in order to reflect changes in the
- Analyze dealer financial and performance data to develop
wholesale flooring guides and capital requirements.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of dealer financial statement
- Manage the maintenance and upgrades to the Hyundai and Genesis
business management system.
- Track dealer financial statement submission daily. Send daily
reports to executive to ensure dealer financial statements are
submitted on or before the submission due date.
- Assist regional staff as needed to ensure dealers submit
financial statements by required due dates. Publish an annual
calendar with monthly due dates and send communications to regions
and dealers quarterly.
- Formulate composite information and reports for Executive
Management and Field personnel to use in evaluating our processes
and dealer profitability measures.
- Create composite information to contrast overall Hyundai and
Genesis dealer performance with historical performance. Ensure the
accuracy/integrity of existing internal reports and composites
based upon dealer reported information.
- Measure Hyundai dealer performance against established industry
norms provided by NCM, NADA, Hyundai/Genesis 20 Group performance
guide/benchmarks and other published industry statistics.
-R eview/recommend changes to the dealer financial statement format
to meet changes in business environment and/or mirror industry
modifications adopted by other manufacturers / distributors.
- Develop report templates for Hyundai and Genesis business
management system user access; review existing report templates and
update as business environment dictates; create a user manual for
running standard SAP ICON financial reports.
- Consult with the DCS providers (i.e., Reynolds & Reynolds and
CDK), Dealer Council, and HMA/GMA 20 group round table to validate
proposed changes prior to implementation.
- Update the Hyundai and Genesis standard accounting manual with
most current data and information. Provide senior management and
regional staff with updates and share information on SAP and ICON
- Assist with monitoring financial intervention packages and
tracking of required performance objectives.
- Conduct financial analytics training as required to bolster the
consultative skill level of field personnel in the subject area of
business management and financial statements.
- Develop and implement field training on Hyundai and Genesis ICON
digital financial analysis software. Be main point of contact for
dealership business managers who have questions using WebDCS and
- Manage profit and operational assessment of ethnic minority
dealers to provide corrective actions and set actions plans to
achieve targeted KPIs.
- Monitor all department budget expenses to ensure budget stays
within approved levels and on task to department business plan.
Obtain executive approvals for programs as required. Conduct post
event program budget reconciliations as needed. Conduct quarterly
budget reviews with department head. Conduct monthly budget
accruals per Finance department needs. Develop and submit annual
cost center budget for approval.
- Utilizing the metrics, develops various reports for dealers to
show profit performance improvement effectiveness.
- As necessary, performs other related duties of which the above
- Position has authority to evaluate overall franchise
profitability measures, assist in setting performance and
financial/capital standards for dealers, and make recommendations
to top management relative to changes in dealer performance and
impact of company's endeavors on dealer profitability.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Master's degree a plus
- Eight years of automotive experience with prior dealer contact
experience as DSM, DPSM or field staff manager strongly
- Three to five years of supervisory experience desired.
- Strong computer and analytic skills coupled with prior dealer
contact experience, in-depth knowledge of financial analysis, and
ability to work with spreadsheets and other analytical tools
- Normal office duties
Our Company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines
set forth by federal, state and local laws. The information
requested on this form is sought in good faith and will not be used
to discriminate against the applicant based on race, religion or
creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability,
mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics,
marital status, sex or gender (which includes pregnancy,
childbirth, or related circumstances), gender identity, gender
expression, age, citizenship, sexual orientation, family care or
medical leave status, military and veteran status, political
affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state and local laws.
Keywords: Hyundai Motor America, Fountain Valley , Senior Manager, Hyundai and Genesis Business Management, Executive , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!