Lead Information Security Engineer
Company: Marchon Partners
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: June 20, 2022
The Lead Information Security Engineer will be responsible for
providing engineering design, analysis, and support for routers,
firewalls, networks, and operating systems. The role The LISE must
be able to translate the IT-risk requirements and constraints of
the business into technical control requirements and
specifications, as well as develop metrics for ongoing performance
measurement and reporting. The ISM coordinates the IT
organization's technical activities to implement and manage
security infrastructure, and to provide regular status and
service-level reports to management. This role will report to the
Director of Infrastructure and Operations and have a dotted line to
the Chief Security Office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform
each essential function. The requirements listed are representative
of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Develop global strategic security roadmaps for focus areas
- Manage daily operations of information security systems.
- Develop new, and mature existing information security and risk
- Develop, administer, mature and fine-tune security operational
processes to ensure compliance with Antech policies and regulatory
- Manage the security oversight of information systems assets and
the protection of systems from intentional or inadvertent access or
- Partner with functional areas of the organization to define an
Information Security/Risk strategy to address the data protection
requirements necessary to comply with Antech policies, applicable
regulations and legal requirements.
- Define, initiate, and lead an on-going information security
maturity assessment process, using an industry accepted framework,
feeding the output into the overall information security strategy
- Provide oversight for the identification, triage and response
of events or incidents of apparent security incidents for diagnosis
of possible breaches.
- Produce and review key performance indicators for implemented
security measures and distribute KPIs.
- Maintain knowledge of threat landscape by monitoring threat
intelligence, and other related sources.
- Leads project management, assigning projects, tasks, and
milestones to information security team.
- Provides supervision to the information security staff,
including coaching, mentoring and training
- Prepares estimated budgets and timelines for technical projects
based on resources needed.
- Other job duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Technical expertise in network security knowledge, to include
VPN, firewall, network monitoring, intrusion detection, web server
security and wireless security, cloud, OT, and the Internet of
- Practical experience with database security, content filtering,
vulnerability scanning and anti-malware
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language (e.g., Perl,
Python and PowerShell)
- Understands business needs and has a commitment to delivering
high-quality, prompt and efficient service to the business
- Understands organizational mission, values, and goals and
consistently applies this knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical
discipline, or the equivalent combination of education,
professional training or work experience.
- 3+ years of related experience in data security
- 1-2 years of previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience with Security governance and policy creation
- Experience with Security risk analysis
- Experience with logging and monitoring systems
- Experience with intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Experience with Proxy filtering systems
- Experience with scanning and vulnerability management
- Experience with Advanced Malware Protection
- Experience with Threat Intelligence
- Experience with Incident Response methodology in
investigations, and the groups behind targeted attacks and tactics,
techniques, and procedures
- Incident Management - analysis, detection and handling of
- Certifications highly desired. (CISM, GIAC, CISSP, CEH, CCSP,
Keywords: Marchon Partners, Fountain Valley , Lead Information Security Engineer, Engineering , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!