10120 - Cloud Engineer (Google Cloud Platform)
Company: Hyundai AutoEver America
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: June 20, 2022
OUR COMPANYHyundai AutoEver America (HAEA) is a global
Information Technology services company, with approximately 300
professionals serving Hyundai Kia Motor Group affiliates in North
and South America. CLOUD ENGINEERFountain Valley, CAPURPOSEThe
Cloud Engineer is responsible to drive the design and delivery of
world-class cloud solutions, providing expertise on cloud
infrastructure services. This includes taking a lead role in the
cloud architecture and engineering practice. You will be challenged
to find approaches that enable rapid adoption of new cloud services
and drive transformation of business and IT processes This position
collaborates with colleagues in the HAEA Organization, external
Service Providers and key Corporate Business Units (CBUs) to
establish goals and achieve strategy and objectives in support of
the Platform Services business needs. The position will be a
client-facing role, good at business process management, strong
automotive domain knowledge, technical knowledge, communication and
presentation skills. Understand customer requirements and business
objectives.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSThe Cloud Engineer has significant
interactions with key leaders in the business organization (CBU) as
well as in Application Services and Vendor Management groups.
- Define the Cloud Architecture for both hybrid and non-hybrid
cloud solution (preferred GCP).
- Be the go to person for Cloud Architecture.
- Expert in GCP with administration experience (Dialogflow,
Composer and clusters for ML)
- Required have a deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services
offered on cloud platforms
- Ensure that all cloud solutions follow security and compliance
- Participate in the establishment on an automated DevOps release
management pipeline which delivers tooling for next generation
application development efforts (the Dev) and on-going production
operations (the Ops).
- Cultivate a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery mind set
(experience with Gitlab)
- Collaborate with development and operations teams to develop
practical automation solutions and custom modules. Troubleshoot
automation issues and find practical solutions that move projects
forward in a timely manner.
- Be a trusted automation and tooling advisor for DevOps
initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas,
insights and advice.
- Plan, organize, and control multiple responsibilities to
achieve project objectives; technically guide projects through to
completion. Ensure deliverables are completed within target
timeframes and are consistently of high quality.
- Driving the adoption of forward thinking technology in a growth
- Identifying unique cutting edge solutions to business problems
- Develop innovative solutions taking into consideration
performance, scalability and availability with realistic
- Maintain expert working knowledge of current state software
development tools and methods, software testing methodologies, and
research emerging trends in application product development
- Review, approve and prioritize vendors' proposed Business
- Ensuring Service Provider implements corrective and preventive
maintenance in accordance with contract
- Manage and support 2nd and 3rd level application support for
- Troubleshooting day to day technical issues and assisting with
- Training and assisting on use of tools and technology to meet
- Required to take relevant certifications yearly
- Required to keep up with emerging technologies and evolving IT
trendsPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in the field of business,
computers, information systems or related degree.
- 8+ years of overall experience, to include a minimum of 5 years
of enterprise, full-life cycle in Architecture in the professional
IT/Software Development services industry.
- Knowledge of J2EE, .NET, and cloud technologies development
languages and tools, to continue with development
- Self-starter with an in-depth hands-on work experience with
large-scale implementations of Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Experience with Agile methodologies and tools. Continuous
Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes, experience
- Understanding of emerging technologies and end-user needs
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to learn new
- Knowledge of SQL, and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Knowledge of networking, firewalls, load balancers etc.
- Understand how to automate builds for developer environments
from development through production within a Continuous Delivery
- Familiarity with Docker containers, working experience a
- Familiarity with MicroServices architecture, working experience
- Experience in Incident and Problem management, as well as
Change Request and Service Request processesEMPLOYEE BENEFITSIn
addition to a competitive base salary, this position offers:
- An excellent medical/dental plan!
- A generous PTO plan!
- Eligibility for annual merit increases!
- A hybrid work schedule!
Keywords: Hyundai AutoEver America, Fountain Valley , 10120 - Cloud Engineer (Google Cloud Platform), Engineering , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!