Principal Network Engineer - Firewall
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: April 27, 2021
Thursday, April 8, 2021 This is our promise. Not only for our
customers, but our employees as well.-- Do you thrive in an
innovative and exciting environment that's continuously evolving?
Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who
believe in our values: Customer Focus,Transparency, Diligence,
Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering
programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion
groups to support every person's career journey. Ceridian employees
have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work-- in 2019, a Glassdoor
Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada's Top 100 Employers
for the 16th consecutive year!-- Job Location: For this role, we
are open to remote work and can hire anywhere in the United
About the Position:-- The qualified candidate should have minimum
15+ years of security & network engineering experience working
across a wide range of firewall and network services, including
LAN, WAN, security, wireless, remote access, load balancing, and
cloud connectivity. The candidate must also exhibit strong
professional skills, including communications, self-motivated,
adaptability, and dependability. Responsibilities:
- Work as a member of the Network Services team as a subject
matter expert in firewalling. Develop and lead a comprehensive
firewall program including technology recommendations, processes
and standards, input on policies and firewall and engineering
- Champion business initiative between Architecture and Network
Engineering teams to align with company objectives and
- Design and maintain a firewall operations framework for network
support and operations group.
- Firewall lead for project work and cross-functional
- Create and share KPI & status updates for leadership.
- Develop vendor relations and maintain contract management.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies or change in direction
with current standards.
- Escalation for Senior Network resources and Incident
- Firewall engineering and administration tasks to include:
- Build and troubleshoot Site-to-Site and Client VPN
- Build and edit firewall policies.
- Build and deploy firewalls.
- Patch and upgrade firewalls.
- Automate and network scripting.
- Perform troubleshooting for firewall issues.
- Complete after-hours windows.
- Provide on-call support.
- Network and cloud support.
- Develop Visio drawings of security infrastructure.
- Create and maintain documentation of firewall procedures and
- Available to work off hours during the evenings and weekends as
required, sometimes with little advanced notice. Additionally,
participate in a week-long on-call rotation. -- Qualifications:
- Experience managing security in the cloud AWS, AWS VMC and
- Experience working in Cisco ASA, Cisco Firepower, Palo Alto,
VMware NSX-T environments and managing large complex firewall
- Experience managing Cisco FMC and Palo Alto Panorama
- Experience with Advanced Threat Protection and features on the
- Certification in firewalling such as Cisco, Palo Alto
- Strong knowledge of network features and protocols such as
spanning tree, TCP/IP V4/V6, SIP, ARP, CDP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VTP,
Etherchannel, 802.1Q trunking, MLS, HSRP, GLBP, VSS/VSL, QoS,
Multicast, IPsec, RADIUS/TACACS+, SNMP, NTP, and HTTP
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Independently gather requirements and translate those into
- Highly collaborative team member Ceridian is fueled by the
diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity
employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes
them unique.--We believe our employees should be happy and healthy,
with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our
employees with comprehensive benefits for various life
circumstances and needs,great opportunities for career development,
and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional
success.--We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that
fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this
position; however, only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be
contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter with a @ceridian.com email
directly from our organization.--
- Job Family Technical
- Job Function Information Technology/Hosting
Keywords: Ceridian, Fountain Valley , Principal Network Engineer - Firewall, Engineering , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!