Sr. Data Analyst
Company: MOBIS PARTS AMERICA LLC
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: November 19, 2022
*Data Analyst Apply!*
Are you creative? Strategic? An expert who enjoys great with
organizing data and data visualization? If so, please apply!
*Who We Are*
Tomorrow's most advanced automotive technology is being envisioned
today at MOBIS Parts America (MPA). A subsidiary of Hyundai MOBIS,
we are a top leading automotive parts supplier. MPA provides
after-sales service parts support for Hyundai Motors, Kia Motors,
The Sr. Transportation Analyst is responsible for the data
processing in the Transportation department related to freight
costs for Inbound & Outbound shipments through oversight of all
Access database functions in the department. The Sr. Analyst will
validate and provide all RFQ and AMOS data by gathering and
analyzing shipment history and freight costs of approximately $100
Through weekly and monthly reporting, the Sr. Analyst will audit
and report the expense of international and domestic transportation
versus budgeted amounts, and make recommendations for cost
savings/reductions. This position will administer, communicate and
prepare MPA Freight Payment expense reporting for MHQ and executive
management, including narrative analysis comparing performance to
objectives. Service transit times reported from carrier websites
will be monitored, along with improvement opportunities provided to
* Maintain and create transportation databases, as needed, and
provide analysis of all inbound and outbound freight expenses.
* Update funding documents from the freight payment service website
to MPA internal Access databases.
* Update weekly/monthly summary of freight cost versus sales for
MPA Review and provide trend analysis to management.
* Recommend carrier and/or mode of transportation changes, based on
freight expenditures to meet department KPIs/goals.
* Advise freight auditor of weekly files to analyze for possible
* Run and distribute monthly HMA and KUS Active Dealer reports.
* Carlisle subject matter expert - pull and analyze data, as
* Run AMOS data warehouse queries, as needed, for reporting and
* Provide a monthly forecast of freight spending to Finance.
* Maintain and update carrier files for current insurance and
* Administer the carrier or vendor RFP process and provide
management with cost analysis. Recommend carriers/vendors based on
* Work with the Systems Department to improve internal data
* Provide ad hoc reports, presentations, decks, and cost studies,
as needed by management.
*Work Schedule & Travel Requirements*
* Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
* *Hybrid work schedule*
* Occasional overnight travel (up to 20%) by land and/or air.
* Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or Finance, or
* Minimum of 5 years experience in related logistics activities
such as freight rates, freight bill auditing, and other
sea/air/land carrier-related activities.
* Minimum of 3 years of analysis and data mining experience,
preferably within the automotive industry, in the area of
traffic/logistics/parts warehouse and claims
* Strong working knowledge of SQL (structured query language), and
QMF (query management facility).
* Intermediate-Advance skills in MS Office: Excel, Word, and
* Intermediate skills in MS Access. Ability to create tables,
forms, charts, queries, macros, and create and maintain new and
existing databases, as needed.
* Strong analytical skills
* Previous experience with importing data files from mainframes and
test formats to MS Excel/Access.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
*Hyundai Mobis Parts America - Benefits*
We offer a competitive benefits package for full-time employees
* Medical, Dental, and Vision
* 401K with employer matching
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, and Paid Holidays
* Mapped career plans; we believe in developing and promoting our
* Company Discounts & more!
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Fountain Valley, CA 92708: Reliably commute or planning to
relocate before starting work (Required)
* What is your desired pay?
* SQL: 3 years (Preferred)
* Data mining: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Fountain Valley, CA
Keywords: MOBIS PARTS AMERICA LLC, Fountain Valley , Sr. Data Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!